Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera won't sync

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lapomodori
Aspirant
Aspirant

Working on this for 3 days now, talked to customer service and cenutry Link. Nothing helps, cameras still won't sync.

HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have green LEDs for at least power and Internet, it's not your connection to the Internet.  I'd try swapping the system at the store since it may just be bad hardware.  No sense in continuing to beat your head against a brick wall...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Need many more details of what you see and what youve tried.  A frequent issue is holding the base sync button instead of just a quick push. Also, tell us about anhhnLEDs on the base and cameras - what happens and what color. 

lapomodori
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have talked to customer service and century link! Ports are all open and firewall is set at low, I have also tried turning off the firewall, nothing works. Lights are green on base station, I have tried all three cameras with the sync process! Base is blinking, then camera is slow blinking blue then turned to amber fast blinking!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Wow!  Could you tell I was on a mobile device for my previous "answer"? Bleah!

It's possible that you're holding the sync button on the base too long.  Try just a brief press to start the blinking.

If nothing is working, try a reset.  Remove everything from Settings, My Devices.  Press the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber.  Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

lapomodori
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got one camera to work, called my internet provider and had to change the wireless channel to 1, now the other two won't sync!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your home WiFi has no bearing on the wireless cameras. I would reset the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras.

lapomodori
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'll give it a try! Thanks
lapomodori
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still nothing! If the wifi has nothing to do with it, why did the Arlo customer service Center tell me to change the channel?
watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
" camera is slow blinking blue then turned to amber fast blinking!"
try this...when the camera starts to blink amber open the battery door to reboot the camera then continue the sync process. you may have to keep doing this a few times if it doesn't work the first time.
watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
oh...go ahead and put the camera on the charger when attempting the sync
lapomodori
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried that! I got one camera to work, but the other two would not sync. So I tried shutting down the base and now it will not go back on line! I'm so over it!!! Been doing this for five days with help from customer support and my network provider!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have green LEDs for at least power and Internet, it's not your connection to the Internet.  I'd try swapping the system at the store since it may just be bad hardware.  No sense in continuing to beat your head against a brick wall...