Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera will not sync

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MitchR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to sync camera to Pro Bas Unit.  I've gone through all the suggested reboots along with moving the base away from possible wifi interference.  When going through the steps to sync the camera.  I do get the flashing green light on base unit..then, pressing the sync button on the camera. I get one amber flash, followed by two quick amber flashes...then nothing.  I have tried with camera hardwired to power as well. Anyone else have this problem?  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not knowing what you have done, the most common mistake is holding the base sync button to long.

So , pull battery and replace to reset camera

Power cycle the base with the on/off button...let it come back up

QUICK push on the base sync button, 2 sec later push the cameras sync button.

Good luck

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MitchR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tom,

Thanks but I went through your steps and still can't get the camera to sync.  Following your instructions, the camera will flash one amber, the two quick ambers, then nothing.  All the while, the base is flashing third light green as if searching for a camera. 

It had previous worked great.  Nothing changed, it just stopped syncing.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Mitch

is morse really faster than texting...not in my kid's hand. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
One, then two, amber flashes isn't correct - when you push the sync button on the camera you should get a slow blink of the blue LED until it either syncs (rapid blue) or fails (rapid amber). You can try removing the battery and use only the power cord to sync but if that works then you likely have a bad battery. Either way you have issues which can only be handled by swapping the system at the store or contacting support to open a case.
MitchR
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat,

Thanks. That worked.  I took the battery out and plugged the power wire directly to the camera.

I will purchase a new battery.

Again, thank you,

Mitch 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If it's a new system, use the return privilege or warranty. No need to spend money.