Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro UK release date

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
OllieD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

When will the Arlo Pro be released in the UK?

Also, is there any need to buy the new base station?

Best regards,

Ollie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The target release for Arlo Pro is the end of January/early February.

The Arlo Pro base station allows access to new features such as local storage and the siren. For more information, take a look here: What new features does Arlo Pro offer?

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The target release for Arlo Pro is the end of January/early February.

The Arlo Pro base station allows access to new features such as local storage and the siren. For more information, take a look here: What new features does Arlo Pro offer?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Release date on Amazon UK states February 15, 2017.

OllieD
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you much appreciated
SirV
Star
Star

I ordered my Pro in early Jan from Amazon, I got a delivery day of between 15-18th February. On the 18 Feb I got an email from Amazon saying item out of stock and a week later I still don't have a delivery date. Furious with Amazon for sending me a delivery date then when it got to that date saying out of stock. To me it sounds like Netgear have not delivered as many Arlo Pro products to Amazon they were expecting to receive else why send me a delivery date or is this just a case of Amazon being crap again

Does anyone at Netgear know what is going on with supply in the UK?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes, I think Netgear have fallen down on suppling products in the Arlo Pro range. I did get my Arlo Pro 2 camera system and I have purchased 2 additional cameras since, all from Amazon UK. I am however waiting now for the outdoor power cord and the solar panels. I am also waiting for Netgear to come out with a fix so that people can view 24/7 without having to go to the cloud. There is too much time lag with the cloud in my area of the UK plus I like to be able to live view for more than 30 minutes. If changes or accessories are not forthcoming soon I will be selling my unit and accessories.

SirV
Star
Star

Another bump on this.

Can some at Netgear comment on the delays? JamesC perhaps

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KenHull,

24/7 recording (cloud or otherwise) is not available on Arlo Pro. Arlo Q/Q+ are ac powered devices that offer the CVR (continuous video recording) feature. You might take a look at these devices to see if they may better fit your needs.

SirV,

These accessories will be available soon. I will try and get a more precise release date and post back with an update.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

SirV. I was seeking 24/7 viewing not 24/7 recording and I believe that the Arlo Q/Q+ are for indoor use.

JamesC. I thank you for the update on the accessories and I see on the product page for the outdoor power cable there is a MSRP $19.99. I hope it is released here in the UK soon.