Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera lost ability to sense record/motion and tried all troubleshooting since July. Works now?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mattocs
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is definitely not a problem, just an observation. I believe it was back in July when my Arlo system performed an update and suddenly lost the ability to sense motion and record. It was right when I was charging my batteries, I believe. The cameras still worked, but I had to log in through my Arlo Mobile App to see what they were showing. Practically useless. I did all the troubleshooting I have done in the past to bring them back but nothing worked. I figured they were dead and it really had me reconsidering whether I wanted to get new ones. Today, for some reason I have not figured out, all the cameras are now sensing motion again and making recordings. This happened 100 percent out of the blue. I haven't done anything with the cameras in weeks. For now, I'm just going to assume it's a miracle. I'm wondering: Has anyone else experienced this?

2 REPLIES 2
Mattocs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hoping this bumps this to the top. I charged my battery overnight, and now the motion detection on that camera has stopped working again. I will try removing the camera and adding it back in, but I'm not sure what else I should do. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be worthwhile removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh to clear out any weirdness that may have crept in.