Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera keeps going offline

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sheridda
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo pro1 cameras. 3 of them are great but one has gone offline. I can reconnect it but it will lose connection again when I try to live stream it. The other 3 camera have no issues. Any thoughts? I can’t get a real agent becisee I don’t have a subscription I guess.

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Can you try swapping battery with another camera?

sheridda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for reply. I have 2 batteries and tried both. When it does sync for the VERY short period it says 100% and I charged it for 3days so I think full. Any other reason to swap other than thinking it is not charged?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The reason for asking was to eliminate a faulty battery or dirty battery contacts.

If you move the camera near the base will it remain connected, say 3ft.

sheridda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again. Unfortunately no. Essentially I have the camera 6 inches from the base. I then try to sync it. Oddly when I press the sync button on the top it is hit or miss whether it starts blinking blue. However when I go to the app and "add a new device" it starts blinking blue and finds it. It then will show what the camera sees for about a minute. Then it will go back to saying it is "offline".

The other 3 cameras are working great with any issues at all. I am wondering if a way to just hard reset the camera. However I looked up how to do that and held down the sync button for 15 seconds without any blinking etc.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sheridda wrote:

Thanks again. Unfortunately no. Essentially I have the camera 6 inches from the base. I then try to sync it. Oddly when I press the sync button on the top it is hit or miss whether it starts blinking blue. However when I go to the app and "add a new device" it starts blinking blue and finds it. It then will show what the camera sees for about a minute. Then it will go back to saying it is "offline".

6 inches might be too close (a too strong signal can overload the radio receiver).

Though it could be some other hardware failure in the camera.

@sheridda wrote:

However I looked up how to do that and held down the sync button for 15 seconds without any blinking etc.

That procedure won't work with the Pro.