Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Suzuki
Star
Star

Hello,

I bought a set of 3 pro camera's. Two of them are working great but one is giving trouble. The problem with it is that reacts a bit slower but also that is goes offline. The only way to get it online again is take it down from the wall outside, remove it from the app, remove the battery, resync/reconnect it and install it again.....it did this again yesterday evening but this morning it's allready dead again.....yesterday the battery was also reduced to 36 % while the others are still 96 % (???) off-course i charged it before reinstalling. I think this problem can only be solved by sending it back to the store and have the hardware replaced....or is there another solution....  

Help would very much be appreciated...

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds very much to be a signal strength/quality problem, not a hardware one.  You can verify this by swapping cameras to see if the issue follows the camera or stays with the location.

What is your house construction?  Stucco is an issue (wire mesh holding the stucco) as well as mirrors, ductwork, walls, etc. all interfering with the signal.

Suzuki
Star
Star

Thanks for your reply.
I already swapped cameras and batteries.
The other cameras are further away, are mounted on the same outside wall and are working great.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You didn't say whether the camera swap showed that the issue stays with the camera. If it did, then open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
Suzuki
Star
Star
After swapping the problem stays..it is not related at the location
Suzuki
Star
Star

Suzuki
Star
Star
I Dont see a contact link here ☹
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
As I said, it's the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Suzuki,

The support option being referred to is here: Arlo Support Team

Please let me know if you need help opening a case.

JamesC

Zookeeper91326
Star
Star

I'm having the same problem.  The last time, I bought a new, stronger Router, Nighthawk X4S.  I have an additional TP-Link extender at the midsection of my 2 story home.  Something is definitely going wrong with these Arlo cameras.  Is it that their "shelf life," (activation life), is two years?  If so, stop trying to tell customers that the fault lays with their network system.  I used to praise the Netgear Arlo camera system, but now I find their reliability in question.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your router and extender have nothing to do with the camera/base connection unless they're somehow causing interference.

FWIW, my Pro base sits nearly touching an antenna of my 8000P router.

Zookeeper91326
Star
Star

What are you saying? Are you saying that the base station could be the problem?  My base station is 4ft away from my router.  There must be a reason that so many people are having the same problem with cameras going off line.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"So many people" is relative. How many people have the system and DON'T have the problem? What's reported here, whether self-induced or not, compared to the rest of the installed systems seems pretty small or this forum would be horribly overrun.

That's not to dimish your issues. But until you eliminate a bad base, device issues, etc., we're just guessing. Any details you provide can be very useful. And an open case with support can't hurt.