Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station says connected but isnt

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Timshannon3780
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras were working, but stopped last night. Something was stole from.my house. I went back to track to see who stole it but for some reason my cameras arnt connected and wont connect. I have all 3 green lights on but on my mobile view from.my phone it says each camera isnt connect nor no internet. My internet works, ivr reset the arlo and modem. So ive spent 800 dollars for a system that can randomly stop working out the blue? Now i have no way to see who took things from my house and i cant even get them to work again
10 REPLIES 10
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What LEDs are on on the base and what color are they? Can you live view the cameras on the app?

GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you reset the Arlo base station but use the same longin and PW as before the motion video should be there. This is assuming the cames were online and everything was working at the time of theft. If you say they went offline prior to the theft then noting was captured. That's strange that it would go offline but I think that is your point. Any update?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Also, if the cameras were working at the time of the theft, you might have the video on your USB backup drive so check that

Timshannon3780
Aspirant
Aspirant
The last video i have is at 10:34 pm. How do i check for an update? If it is an updatd, will this always happen for every update? Just randomly stop recording and go offline? If so, why arnt we notified
Timshannon3780
Aspirant
Aspirant
3 lights, they are all green. I can view them live
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Timshannon3780 wrote:
3 lights, they are all green. I can view them live

With those, it should be working properly. Is there a black outlined "running man" figure above each camera in the Devices tab?

Timshannon3780
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry, i meant i coukdnt view them live. Says it isnt connected to internet
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

To make it simple, if you don't see the video you want in the library, then it was never recorded. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Do you have a usb drive attached? If so, have you checked that?

DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

Timshannon3780 wrote:
Sorry, i meant i coukdnt view them live. Says it isnt connected to internet

Not sure about apple, but on android (Galaxy s8), after using the app, I need to use "close all" or next time I use it I get the message that I am not connected to the internet.  Really annoying if I get a txt and want to read it while I am using the Arlo app.  Don't log out, just close the app.