Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Tahoegirl
Tutor
Tutor

I have a plug in which I love better than my battery operated ones, it’s a Arlo Pro - Add-on Camera | Rechargeable, Night vision, Indoor/Outdoor, HD Video, 2-Way Audio, Wall Mount | Cloud Storage Included | Works with Arlo Pro Base Station (VMC4030) camera I use when home, “it doesn’t Alert me, record motion or put anything in my library??? “I have not paid for a Plan, I feel I have paided Enough for these products and I only use one camera mostly ... so do I have to pay for A subscription?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tahoegirl
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, they had me uninstall just about everything. 1st deleted All cameras in app, than uninstall app, remove battery’s, unplug everything, Than just go through the motions like it was a new install. Worked to correct these issues. Hope this helps! 😊

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I'd start by disconnecting the power, then removing the battery, then reinserting the battery, and reconnecting the power. See if that sorts it out.

Failing that, remove the camera as a device and re-sync

Tahoegirl
Tutor
Tutor

Well I did turn off base station, unplugged camera, and uninstalled and than reinstalled camera, did a test, but no success with getting alerts, or saving to library, DANG! Almost there...now what to do?
Thanks again for any help??? Debbie

Tahoegirl
Tutor
Tutor

This model is a plug in power camera, so everything’s works now except not  getting alerts,  motion detection to saving to library. When I stand in front of camera it does see me, but no luck with saving to the library?

Thanks for any help in advance, Debbie

steve_t
Master Master
Master

When you say it sees you, does that mean the motion detection icon in the app goes orange?

Are you able to take a photo of the camera and post it here?

Thanks

Tahoegirl
Tutor
Tutor
I ran a test and the orange light did come on, When I stand in front of the camera I am being recorded. But other than that it doesn’t send alerts or save to my library? I have uninstalled all the apps my husbands and mine. I removed him and I installed the app on my phone ran all tests unplug replug reinstalled went through all of the App lists in the app, I can’t figure out how to get alerts or get anything saved to my library.??? Maybe I should call customer service? Not sure if there open with Covid?
Tahoegirl
Tutor
Tutor
I called Arlo customer support and we resolved the issue thank you everyone for your input I appreciate it very much.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Great news. Glad it was sorted 🙂

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Tahoegirl

May I ask which troubleshooting steps were performed to fix this issue?

Was the camera not Active/Armed?

Tahoegirl
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, they had me uninstall just about everything. 1st deleted All cameras in app, than uninstall app, remove battery’s, unplug everything, Than just go through the motions like it was a new install. Worked to correct these issues. Hope this helps! 😊
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tahoegirl

Thank you!