Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JanaIL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 camera system and maybe a couple months ago 1 camera developed a blurry spot rather in a corner of the image. The blur area seems to be getting bigger. I recently recharged the battery and wiped the camera eye, but no better.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a screenshot so we can see. An early one as well as recent may be instructive.

JanaIL
Aspirant
Aspirant
JanaIL
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, that's a blob, alright! Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if you can get a replacement.

JanaIL
Aspirant
Aspirant
What the heck causes that?
I've had my cameras a couple years and pretty sure I did not pay for warranty plan. So I think I'm screwed.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You automatically got at least a one year warranty when you purchased the system. Sounds like you're out of warranty now (just like with a car) so you'll have to pony up the cash to replace the camera if you can't find an external reason for the issue. The blob could have been caused by a leak around the lens or any manner of other possibilities which may not ever be known unless you want to take the camera apart. Things happen which is certainly an issue for you but this is the first time I've heard of something like this so it's not like it's something others have dealt with.

JanaIL
Aspirant
Aspirant