Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Not syncing

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CaptRR001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been trying to syn my new arlo base station and camera up for a few hours now and I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong.

I followed the setup and have my basestation on the net, and my account is all set up.  However I cannot get the camera to do much.

I push the syn button on the base station and the camera light begins to blink, with the camera next to the base station I push the syn button on the top of the camera for 2 seconds it does.... well nothing.  No blue light, no orange light.

If I wait for the blue light to stop blinking, or take the camera out of sync range of the base sation when i hit the sync button, the orange light blinks once, waits second then blink two more times in rapid succession.

I also tried ot sit it aside and let it charge for an hour, but it still has the same problem.  I am begining to think I got a bad camera.

edit:  Also of note when I plug it in the blue led does come on for about 2 seconds and then goes out.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First the most common issue is HOLDING the base SYNC button to long ... do a QUICK push on the base sync button then 1-2 sec later a quick push on the camera ( do not hold for 2 secs )

When you plug in the camera to ac , it is normal for the led to go blue for a sec, then out

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
CaptRR001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Tom,

The answer to the second question is yes.  When I plug it in, it goes blue for about 2 seconds every time. 

As for holding the button too long, i thought that too.  For the most part still nothing happens, however, every once in a while the orange light does appear to bink for a second and then their are no more lights.  Also tried removing the battery for a minute in case the camera needs to "reboot"  Still no luck 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If pressing the camera sync button doesn't get you a slow blue flash, something is wrong. Reinsert the battery - does the LED give a blue flash after it first makes contact?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Also ... pull the battery out and just use the adapter and cable only to eliminate the possibe bad battery, then attempt sync

Morse is faster than texting!
CaptRR001
Aspirant
Aspirant

With the camera not plugged in.  I reinsert the battery after about 30 seconds of leaving it out, and nothing seems ot happen.  The blue light DOES NOT come on.

CaptRR001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok quick update, I think I know what the problem is.  If I push the battery in really hard and hold it in with my hand then I can get the blue light to come on and sync.  So it looks like the battery isn't making good contact with the battery connector for some reason (could also be the connectors connection to the PCB too I guess), either way it looks like a defective camera.

Sigh, looks like I am going to have to pack this entire thing back up and return it.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Yup.. to be safe than sorry.. Return it.. But yes.. I have done it myself where giving a little forced to put in the battery to make sure it gets contact inside the camera's circuitry.. It may not be defective but in your case if it was doing any update and it cut short.. then yes.. that camera may have some issues later..