Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RCooke
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear's 2.5.0 app update broke push notifications on my iPhone X running iOS 11.3.1. I would like to report this bug. I hope the app will be patched ASAP.

269 REPLIES 269
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@Elynch @mzohaib did you force stop the app before the notifications failed, or was it still open, running in the background, etc?

iTem70
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this issue as well after the update of the App.

When I looked into it:

* Checked that I had the lates IOS (I have in my iPhone 😎

* Restarted the Base station

* Powered OFF -> ON the base station

* Uninstalled the App - > Reinstalled

* Restarted my phone

.... the the App also gets stuck in "getting information" resulting that I cannot change Schedule, adjusting/activating GEO settings etc.

Its ONLY the App not communicationg with your servers. I can login via the web and check my system. All looks good.

My biggest issue is that its only the app that can set GEO

Regards

Claes

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

@DawnM wrote:

Thank you all for providing expedient feedback, it is greatly appreciated. Keep it coming, I am feeding it back to Engineering real time 🙂

@DawnM - Tried all steps, worked for a short time last night.  Left this morning, no notifications.  Checked library, recording is there. I also noticed I can't set email notifications on many of my modes, the box is there but won't allow me to check it.

Also, just a side rant. The new app also produces an "Alarm" banner in the video stream to activate the siren I guess if you "see" something. However, when viewed in LANDSCAPE mode on my iPhoneX, it's quite obtrusive and blocks a portion of the live feed at the top.  It would be nice if that thing faded away while viewing live because it's quite annoying.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

@DawnM I tried all the steps again this morning, nothing. I see the recordings but no notifications from any test. I triggered it 3 times on different cameras. 0. Nada. Zelch. 

Macey-ky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried all of those steps multiple times.  When I do, both my wife and I get push notifications temporarily.  My iPhone 6 ( administrator) gets them most of the time, but not always.  My wife's iPhone 6 gets them sometimes, but they stop after she opens the app on her phone (like to view a video).  Then I have to turn off notifications on my phone or on line with the computer, save, and turn them back on and save.  That seems to work until she opens the app again.  Of course, the main reason for the notification is so you can view what is causing the allert.

Earlier this month we had a problem witht he camera's not working.  My wife restarted the app on line with our computer.  Since then she has had trouble getting push notifications.  I have noticed that I do not get them all the time, but I do get them most of the time.  She has deleted and reinstalled the app on her phone multiple times.  I deleted her as a "friend" and reinvited her.  Again these methods worked only temporarily.  As soon as she opened the app on her phone, notifications stopped.  It also seems that, if the system has no allerts for sometime (like overnight) they work for my wife until she opens the app, but that mey not be in all cases.

We have gone so far as a factory default reset, which worked temporarily, but went back to the same issue.

Also, I tried turning off and on all rules by changing from "record video" to "do nothing" and then back again, saving each time.  Now I have extra rules on three of my four cameras.  For instance, there is one for "if Motion on Front Door" (the original) and one named "Front Door."  "Front Door" has no rule checked, and won't allow me to save any changes to it.  How do I delete the extra rules?

Thanks,

Macey-ky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update:

The extra rules disappeared after opening and closing the app several times.

Elynch
Guide
Guide
@DawnM
The app was closed and no longer got notifications.
Not only that, now when I log back into the app, it did not indicate I had a new video in my library.
My arlo was activated at 1am this morning due to sprinklers, and it didn’t show I had a new video. The only indication I had was an email saying arlo had been triggered by sound. When I went to my library, it was there.
The app is now much worse off then it ever was before.
I have only had this System for a few months and I’m highly disappointed.
I recently encouraged my elderly father to buy a set and he put them up last week. He is going to be extremely upset as he doesn’t have money to waste on a product that isn’t reliable. 😕
Abmet
Apprentice
Apprentice

I stopped getting notifications again.  If I open the app the seems to start back up.  Seems like maybe they aren't working when the app is in the background for a while.  Very frustrating.

Arlouser14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updated my iPhone 6s apps. I have the latest version of IOS installed. Now I do not receive push notifications from my Arlo Pro cameras. Yes, I have gone back through my notifications settings, deleted the app, reloaded, restarted, etc. 

Macey-ky
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears that everyone has the same issues, but with different triggers and different experiences with timing.  My wife was not able to receive push notifications late yestrerday.  This morning she went outside to get the newspaper from the street. That triggered the cameras at the front door, garage, and front door again upon returning.  She received push notifications all three times.  She then opened the app and closed it again.  After that, she could not receive notifications.  We only have push notifications active.  We do not use email notifications, scheduling, or geofencing.

Dawn,

Hope this is along with my previous post is helpful.  Please keep the pressure on Engineering.  This is a serious issue!

Thanks,

jimhall504
Tutor
Tutor

I have three arlo pros and 1 pro 2. All are recording from detected motions but I am not getting any notifications on my iphone 7 running 11.2.6 as of a couple days ago. Arlo firmware recently updated last week. Notifications are turned on for all cameras as well as in my arlo app on the phone.

hkhaliq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Push Notifications are not working for me after the app update.  My cameras are recoding motions and storing in library.  I'm on Iphone 7 plus IOS 11.3.1.

Tobia
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my iPhone 5se and also my wife with her iPhone 6, no notification message and alarm button disapeard. Please solve it because in this condition the system is useless.

Red33
Star
Star

I have been having problems with the latest app upgrade. 

No notifications, I’ve tried all the steps Dawn outlined with little 

success. When notifications work I try deleting recordings and the app freezes and forced me to login again. How about pushing the last version out while you try to fix this. 

Caspers
Guide
Guide
I posted several times in the past week about this issue. I rarely get push alerts while in the field. I noticed that I mostly get the push alerts while at home and connected to the home router. I did also notice I tend to get more push alerts in the field when my cell phone WiFi is turned off. When WiFi on my phone is on I almost never get the push alerts. Who knows. Could be random but maybe this makes sense to the engineers. Just get this fixed.
jimhall504
Tutor
Tutor

If this helps any, after a couple of days of no notifications, I just got 1. Wondering if this is server related at netgear. Seems odd that random notifications would come in. If it were broke, how would we get any? I test firmware and software at my job, if I can help do some debugging, please let me know. 

cthornton
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  iPhone 6, iOS 10.2, once I updated I don't get notifications.  My husband did not update his app and still gets notifications.

Ajmmmr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I received this from Netgear, it may help:

Could you try the steps below for us to see if it would fix the issue on your Phone?

• Clear Cache on App by deleting and re-installing it

1. Go to Settings > General > iPhone storage.
2. Wait for apps to load at the bottom of the screen.
3. Scroll and select Arlo then tap it.
4. Tap Offload App.
5. Confirm your action by tapping Offload App in the explanatory dialog that appears.
6. Delete app then reboot phone then re-install the Arlo app.

• If the issue persisted after steps above follow the steps below instead

1. Log out of the Arlo app and back in (not minimize the app, but explicitly log out and back in)
2. Trigger motion and monitor for push notification. If you receive a push notification at this point, you don't need to perform step 3.
3. Toggle push notifications off, and then back on.
4. Trigger motion and monitor for push notification.
cthornton
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried all of these and it did not fix the problem.
Red33
Star
Star

Same here, before the upgrade I could check notifications on my iPhone and iPad. Now I get one to work and login to the app to check for motion  on the other and neither work. 

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello all,

Just wanted to give you a quick update. Thanks in part to your prompt and thorough feedback, we have narrowed in on the possible root cause and are continuing to actively work towards a fix. I'll keep you posted with our progress. Thanks again for all your help! 

Sincerely,

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

goodtwin3
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue with not receiving notifications on my iPhone 6s.  This just started happening after I updated the Arlo app.

jimhall504
Tutor
Tutor
I went through all the previously mentioned solutions and it didn’t immediately seem to help but I did suddenly get a barrage of notifications walking around the yard. I will continue to experiment.
jimhall504
Tutor
Tutor
I just circled my house and all 4 cameras detected and I got notifications for each one. Go figure.
Cstat311
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an iPhone 8 and have also not been getting notifications / recording captures for several days now. Tried everything I can think of to resolve this and still having issues. Thanks