Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RCooke
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear's 2.5.0 app update broke push notifications on my iPhone X running iOS 11.3.1. I would like to report this bug. I hope the app will be patched ASAP.

269 REPLIES 269
ymh
Initiate
Initiate

My wife and I both have the iPhone 6s and were having this issue after the Arlo App update.  The steps I took to solve the issue were:

1. Restart the Arlo Base Station, remotely with the Arlo App.

2. Log Out and Log In to the Arlo App.

3. Completely shut down the iPhone 6s, wait a minute, and start back up.

I didn't wait to see which one of these things helped, because I was at work, but after doing the above, 24 hours later, I'm still getting notifications from the Arlo App.  My wife only restarted her iPhone 6s and said she started receiving notifications from the Arlo App.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This topic has been escalated and is currently being investigated by the engineering team. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Jiminator
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC,

Just a quick note here as my notifications have also stopped.  Using a IPad Air 2, IPad Pro and IPhone 7S.  No audio nor banner notifications on any of these devices, all running iOS 11.3 1.

As far as the camera names, they stay named in the library until you click on the video to watch, then they revert to the camera serial number.

Hope this helps...

KelleyO
Tutor
Tutor

Also not receiving push notifications since 2.5.0 update. I'm on an iPhone 6s, running iOS 11.3.1. Still have images in the library, but mostly not receiving the notifications of them being captured. My friend who is still on 2.4.9 (whatever the one previous to 2.5.0) is still getting all the notifications. We have the same system, Arlo Pro wireless with 4 (or 5) cameras. We both have the cams shared with each other so we should both get all the notifications, and we used to, before 2.5.0

Camera names: custom names show up on library, serial numbers show up when playing capture. Also, where did the "make it fullscreen" button on playback go? Seems to be missing in 2.5.0.

Cruiseseeker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oddly the notifications weren’t there for a few days. Then they just started popping up. The names are still of though.
Abmet
Apprentice
Apprentice

I stopped getting notifications after I installed the new app update.  They started working after I updated the app on all devices, but have stopped working again today.  I'm on an iPhone 8+ running iOS 11.3.1.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@KelleyO wrote:

Also, where did the "make it fullscreen" button on playback go? Seems to be missing in 2.5.0.

All you have to do is move your device in landscape and will do it for you automatically.. It works on my old iPhone so not sure if it also works on recent ones.. 

Abmet
Apprentice
Apprentice

I rebooted my base station using the iOS app and I've been getting notifications again.  Though it's only been a couple of hours so remains to be seen if continues.

Djmcp
Star
Star

Same problem here - it's super flaky for me.  I get some notifications, then they stop, then after I launch the app they work again, then they stop again.  I haven't tried restarting the base stations yet.  Going to try that tonight.

Wimms
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have rebooted system and issue continues. No notifications. I will not reset as need to reset up system
Rob198690
Star
Star
Same problem here, also cannot log into the app this morning
Gutz
Tutor
Tutor

Stopped getting push notifications all of a sudden today. Is this a current network/system issue?

CJPSurf
Guide
Guide

I believe over a day later, everyone is still having problems with the push notifications not working.  If the administrator could check the previous thread, "Push Notifications not working since iOS update", you will see that this is an issue regardless of type of iPhone or version of iOS being used.  The only common variable is that anyone who updated to the new 2.5.0 version is not receiving push notifications consistantly.  It works fine on my wifes phone with the older 2.4.9 version.  So this is clearly a problem with the new update.  Is Netgear working on a resolution to this?

iamcrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am facing the exact same issue. Arlo needs to testing their new versions properly before releasing them.

JER99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem but it did not occur for quite a while after I downloaded IOS 2.5.  When I went into the app modes I turned off push notifications, saved it then went back in and rechecked the box for push notifications and saved it again.  This seem to work and I regained my notifications.

lamartin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  It also started after I upgraded the Arlo app on my iphone.

Francoiszar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. No push notifications since updating to latest app version. . iOS 11.3.1 iPhone 7. Cameras do not trigger or only intermittently
Swop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agree, the ios app does not work for me since the last update (3 days ago). I can not change mode anymore and does not always get notifications.

Cruiseseeker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Notifications stopped again and I have noticed the cameras are not picking up motion as well as it used to. They are missing big things like cars and FedEx trucks. This isn’t good.
woopig_sooie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem for me and my wife. Both of us have iPhone 7 Plus, running most current iOS and newest Arlo App version. Push notifications only work when the app is running in the background. This started with the app update a couple days ago.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
I got this reaponse from Netgear on Twitter:
Thank you for reaching out. Our Engineering team is working on a fix to the backend to be released as quickly as possible. We can update you soon on an ETA. If you would like to speak with Support, please see for contacting Support
Gururaj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Even I did all steps I also deleted app and reinstalled but still not working 4 in 10 messages I get ... I not know when r they going to solve issue ... arlo team is also at the community messages .. very bad
phkim24
Aspirant
Aspirant
iPhone 7 model on iOS 11.3.1 (15E302) via Tmobile. iOS notifications alerts not working since last update. Email alerts turned off so haven't tested. Have also done numerous troubleshooting as others have stated but no luck.
Bama1
Aspirant
Aspirant

No notifications since last update on all iOS devices.

Hammer1970
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have stopped getting notifications on my iphone 7 latest firmware.
Was working fine until the last Arlo update last week. My wife’s galaxy s6 android is working fine.