Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
ymh Initiate
Initiate

Re: Push Notifications not working since iOS update

My wife and I both have the iPhone 6s and were having this issue after the Arlo App update.  The steps I took to solve the issue were:

1. Restart the Arlo Base Station, remotely with the Arlo App.

2. Log Out and Log In to the Arlo App.

3. Completely shut down the iPhone 6s, wait a minute, and start back up.

I didn't wait to see which one of these things helped, because I was at work, but after doing the above, 24 hours later, I'm still getting notifications from the Arlo App.  My wife only restarted her iPhone 6s and said she started receiving notifications from the Arlo App.

Model: VMC4030| Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 51 of 270
Community Manager

Re: iOS notifications not working since app update

This topic has been escalated and is currently being investigated by the engineering team. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Message 52 of 270
Tutor

JamesC,

Just a quick note here as my notifications have also stopped.  Using a IPad Air 2, IPad Pro and IPhone 7S.  No audio nor banner notifications on any of these devices, all running iOS 11.3 1.

As far as the camera names, they stay named in the library until you click on the video to watch, then they revert to the camera serial number.

Hope this helps...

Message 53 of 270
Tutor

Re: Bug Report: Arlo app update 2.5.0 broke push notifications (iPhone X, iOS 11.3.1)

Also not receiving push notifications since 2.5.0 update. I'm on an iPhone 6s, running iOS 11.3.1. Still have images in the library, but mostly not receiving the notifications of them being captured. My friend who is still on 2.4.9 (whatever the one previous to 2.5.0) is still getting all the notifications. We have the same system, Arlo Pro wireless with 4 (or 5) cameras. We both have the cams shared with each other so we should both get all the notifications, and we used to, before 2.5.0

Camera names: custom names show up on library, serial numbers show up when playing capture. Also, where did the "make it fullscreen" button on playback go? Seems to be missing in 2.5.0.

Model: VMC4030P| Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Cameraarlo.netgear.com | Web Site/App
Message 54 of 270
Highlighted
Aspirant

Oddly the notifications weren’t there for a few days. Then they just started popping up. The names are still of though.
Message 55 of 270
Apprentice

Re: iOS Notifications not working

I stopped getting notifications after I installed the new app update.  They started working after I updated the app on all devices, but have stopped working again today.  I'm on an iPhone 8+ running iOS 11.3.1.

Message 56 of 270
JPC Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: Bug Report: Arlo app update 2.5.0 broke push notifications (iPhone X, iOS 11.3.1)

@KelleyO wrote:

Also, where did the "make it fullscreen" button on playback go? Seems to be missing in 2.5.0.

All you have to do is move your device in landscape and will do it for you automatically.. It works on my old iPhone so not sure if it also works on recent ones.. 

Message 57 of 270
Apprentice

I rebooted my base station using the iOS app and I've been getting notifications again.  Though it's only been a couple of hours so remains to be seen if continues.

Message 58 of 270
Star

Same problem here - it's super flaky for me.  I get some notifications, then they stop, then after I launch the app they work again, then they stop again.  I haven't tried restarting the base stations yet.  Going to try that tonight.

Message 59 of 270
Aspirant

I have rebooted system and issue continues. No notifications. I will not reset as need to reset up system
Message 60 of 270

Same problem here, also cannot log into the app this morning
Message 61 of 270
Tutor

Not getting notifications on iPhone 8

Stopped getting push notifications all of a sudden today. Is this a current network/system issue?

Message 62 of 270
Guide

NEW THREAD - PUSH NOTIFICATIONS STILL NOT WORKING SINCE iOS UPDATE

I believe over a day later, everyone is still having problems with the push notifications not working.  If the administrator could check the previous thread, "Push Notifications not working since iOS update", you will see that this is an issue regardless of type of iPhone or version of iOS being used.  The only common variable is that anyone who updated to the new 2.5.0 version is not receiving push notifications consistantly.  It works fine on my wifes phone with the older 2.4.9 version.  So this is clearly a problem with the new update.  Is Netgear working on a resolution to this?

Message 63 of 270
Star

I am facing the exact same issue. Arlo needs to testing their new versions properly before releasing them.

Message 64 of 270
Aspirant

Re: NEW THREAD - PUSH NOTIFICATIONS STILL NOT WORKING SINCE iOS UPDATE

I had the same problem but it did not occur for quite a while after I downloaded IOS 2.5.  When I went into the app modes I turned off push notifications, saved it then went back in and rechecked the box for push notifications and saved it again.  This seem to work and I regained my notifications.

Message 65 of 270
Aspirant

Re: NEW THREAD - PUSH NOTIFICATIONS STILL NOT WORKING SINCE iOS UPDATE

I am having the same problem.  It also started after I upgraded the Arlo app on my iphone.

Message 66 of 270
Aspirant

Same issue. No push notifications since updating to latest app version. . iOS 11.3.1 iPhone 7. Cameras do not trigger or only intermittently
Model: VMC4030| Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera,VMC4030P| Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Cameraarlo.netgear.com | Web Site/App
Message 67 of 270
Aspirant

Re: Fix the app and servers

Agree, the ios app does not work for me since the last update (3 days ago). I can not change mode anymore and does not always get notifications.

Message 68 of 270
Aspirant

Notifications stopped again and I have noticed the cameras are not picking up motion as well as it used to. They are missing big things like cars and FedEx trucks. This isn’t good.
Message 69 of 270
Aspirant

Same problem for me and my wife. Both of us have iPhone 7 Plus, running most current iOS and newest Arlo App version. Push notifications only work when the app is running in the background. This started with the app update a couple days ago.
Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station,VMC4030| Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 70 of 270
Guide

I got this reaponse from Netgear on Twitter:
Thank you for reaching out. Our Engineering team is working on a fix to the backend to be released as quickly as possible. We can update you soon on an ETA. If you would like to speak with Support, please see for contacting Support
Message 71 of 270
Aspirant

Even I did all steps I also deleted app and reinstalled but still not working 4 in 10 messages I get ... I not know when r they going to solve issue ... arlo team is also at the community messages .. very bad
Message 72 of 270
Aspirant

iPhone 7 model on iOS 11.3.1 (15E302) via Tmobile. iOS notifications alerts not working since last update. Email alerts turned off so haven't tested. Have also done numerous troubleshooting as others have stated but no luck.
Message 73 of 270
Aspirant

No notifications since last update on all iOS devices.

Message 74 of 270
Aspirant

I have stopped getting notifications on my iphone 7 latest firmware.
Was working fine until the last Arlo update last week. My wife’s galaxy s6 android is working fine.
Message 75 of 270