Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RCooke
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear's 2.5.0 app update broke push notifications on my iPhone X running iOS 11.3.1. I would like to report this bug. I hope the app will be patched ASAP.

269 REPLIES 269
Cajunfla1
Star
Star

No notifications here either. iPhone 7, and iPad Air, both running iOS 11.3.1, Arlo 2.5.0 updated 5-13.  Arlo app deleted and reinstalled. No joy. 

mzohaib
Tutor
Tutor

Since the update, notifications are NOT working on both my iPhone X and iPhone 8 Plus!

mzohaib
Tutor
Tutor

Only if app is open in background, I get notifcations.

Caspers
Guide
Guide
I have an iPhone 6s and haven’t been receiving push alert notifications since the update.
Caspers
Guide
Guide
I’m randomly, but very infrequently, receiving push alerts on my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad. The cameras are still recording but not getting alerts since the update.
GFunk75
Tutor
Tutor
Same exact problem. Exactly the same. iPhone 6S here. Works some of the time. And then not. Was on phone with Arlo customer service for almost an hour and still not resolved.
GFunk75
Tutor
Tutor
Dawn. Not sure if you are still getting updates on this thread. But the resolution the original poster indicated was short lived. As it was for me as well. This started a few days ago shortly after firmware update I believe.
tghosh
Tutor
Tutor

also not getting Push Notifications since upgrading to 2.5.0. on both my phone (iphoneX) and wifes (iphone 7 Plus)

In my opinion, this is a CRITICAL bug. Not getting notifications on motion for a SECURITY camera system is a regression in basic functionality.

Thank god, its just the push notifications, and not actual recording on motion detection.  

Gururaj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Even I am facing same problem I am using iPhone6 plus after updating arlo pro app I am not getting push notifications..,!no one is trying to solve this issue from arlo team .. it’s really frustrating for safety purpose I brought this camera it started giving problem ... please resolve issue immediately
GFunk75
Tutor
Tutor
Part of me thinks since this thread was previously marked “solved” the admin may not be seeing these more recent messages. That the problem in fact turned out to not be solved. Maybe a new thread should be started. If someone does please indicate here so we can follow same. Or if I get a chance to tomorrow I will post a new thread.
Ducle69
Aspirant
Aspirant

i just added on 2 cameras and update then cant get any nortification . 

2 used one still work fine before i add the other 2 with update software .

and now all 4 cameras doesnt work with motion and audio. 

Mode doesnt  work too , it just show : Getting information .

I think the problem comes from new software. 

Is anyone the same ?

Bronx__
Apprentice
Apprentice
Cruiseseeker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since the update I also have not been receiving notifications. I have an iPhone 7. My cameras are names correctly in the app but not once the recording happens. They go back to the number. Please fix soon.
Ducle69
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think they should fix the software asap.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The iOS Push notifications has stopped working after the latest update.

I can read that several are having this issue, so it must be widespread. But you have not published anything regarding this error yet.

Please do make a offical post about this, we need to know why, how and when this feature is back working. It's VERY crucial functionality in the App.

-Thomas

lacoeur
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. I have iOS 11 and push notifications have stopped on the latest update. I am getting email notifications and when I open the app, I can see the recordings. Push notifications, however, do not work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. 

I hope that an update comes soon! At the very least, they should disable the update in the app store until it's fixed!

Wimms
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here.
Gururaj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank u for reply.. May be .. I think yesterday I saw a message replied by manager but she has not mentioned anything about resolving issue ... I think u can see in previous message. Arlo admin are very careless.. the main problem is they don’t have customer service number also ... I would request them to solve this issue soon..
tghosh
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem here. Push notifications stopped working with the latest version 2.5.0

Where is Arlo support on this?!?
Pmkohler
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue only on my iPhone 7 Plus (IOS Version 11.3.1) with Arlo Version 2.5.0.  If you restart the phone the notifications work but stop again after you use the application.  The iPad (same IOS) works just fine with Arlo Version 2.4.9.  I called tech support and they say they are aware of the problem.  They are working on an update.

Gururaj
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using iPhone 6 Plus after updating arlo pro app I am not getting notifications why it’s been 3 days I keep posting the issue and no has turned up to solve issue ... it’s really frustrating I brought this for safety purposes every time it used to alert me but now .... fix the issue soon
masteronid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here last update stopped all notifications to my iphone se.

KingTitus
Tutor
Tutor
I am sporadically receiving alerts. Maybe 1 in 10. Also using the iPhone app.
wannabacat
Tutor
Tutor
Wonder how long it will take for them to get an update fix. Seems like this happens sporadically with updates. Keep up Netgear.
Alice0630
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using iphone X and I still have the exact smae issue even after I reinstalled it.

Anyone still has the same issue after the update??