Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Atmospherix
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought an s10+ and trying to talk through the app to speaker on the camera is extremely quiet. My girlfriend has an iPhone and doesn't seem to have the same issue and neither did my s8. Anyone know a fix for this?

10 REPLIES 10
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Atmospherix wrote:
I just bought an s10+ and trying to talk through the app to speaker on the camera is extremely quiet. My girlfriend has an iPhone and doesn't seem to have the same issue and neither did my s8. Anyone know a fix for this?

Volume on what? The camera? Your phone? (Is that what the " s10+" is?)

If other phones are loud enough, then it seems more likely that the problem is on your s10+.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Atmospherix
Aspirant
Aspirant

The sound coming out of the camera is very quiet, when I try to speak through the app on my Samsung S10+ to someone on cam. Trying to see if anyone found a fix for this. The cam and base station are up to date with software.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Atmospherix wrote:
The sound coming out of the camera is very quiet, when I try to speak through the app on my Samsung S10+ to someone on cam.

What about when you use the  iPhone and S8.

Is the camera still too quiet?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Atmospherix
Aspirant
Aspirant

The iPhone is loud enough and my s8 was about the same, but for some reason the S10 is barely able to be heard. I know it's probably something to do with the mic on the phone like some others have said but it doesn't seem like anyone has found a fix for it.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Atmospherix wrote:
I know it's probably something to do with the mic on the phone like some others have said but it doesn't seem like anyone has found a fix for it.

Not much that Arlo can do about that, beyond tweaking the Android app.

Really something to throw at Samsung.

Just another user
bgibson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has there been any resolution to this issue?  I have the same problem with my Samsung S10+.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi bgibson,

Just to be sure, is it quiet through your camera or through the Arlo app on your Samsung S10+?

bgibson
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is very quiet out of the camera.  The sound it picks up and comes out of the phone is excellent.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure that the speaker on the camera is not lowered. You can check this by going to Settings > My Devices > Choose your Arlo camera > Audio Settings. Try also toggling the speaker off and on and see if that helps.

Stepaway
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been having this problem for months; have dealt with misinformation from support and was eventually escalated up to engineering. THEY finally admitted this is now a known issue on the S10 and S10+. But even in the last app update there is no fix, or even a mention of it.

Their support is AWFUL, the product requires lots of charging, I've moved on to Blink from Amazon and I'm VERY happy!