Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera won't reconnect after exiting app. No error message popping up. Have to wait to view live.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AlexRose85
Follower
Follower

If am watching live on a certain camera (I have 5), if I exit the app even for a second then get back into the Arlo app, the camera will not play live video anymore. There is no error message (sometimes it will say camera is offline, then I exit the app completely and that issue will be fixed), it just won't connect again. Even if I close out of the app completely or even try restarting my phone it doesn't help. I have to wait about 10 minutes before I can view live video again. Otherwise if I press play the camera just sits there saying "connecting" with the circle spinning but it will never connect. Any camera that I was not viewing live prior to exiting the app will connect, but any camera that I had previously been viewing live video will not connect until about 10 minutes later. Very inconvenient.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You say an issue with the app, but no mention of the phone and OS...

Try it via the web access at my.arlo.com to see if it’s the system or phone.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Smaustin12
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the exact same issue rendering Arlo a terrible product to use for watching your children. Issue is on iPhone and happened after Arlo did their updates. I can hit the stop button get out of app or close it and it won’t let me back on the specific camera that was up on my phone or wife’s phone. Any one find a solution for this glitch. FYI the camera will show the red lights like it is still connected