Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Best uses arlo pro

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dsloan123
Follower
Follower
I have 5 rental units that are part of a remodeled house. I am thinking of setting up 4 arlo pro cameras outside. Can system be set up so multiple users can check all cameras from cell phones? What if one of the users leaves the app on will it deplete batteries? Is there a time out for cameras?
Thx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dsloan123 wrote:
I have 5 rental units that are part of a remodeled house. I am thinking of setting up 4 arlo pro cameras outside. Can system be set up so multiple users can check all cameras from cell phones? What if one of the users leaves the app on will it deplete batteries? Is there a time out for cameras?
Thx

The system can have multiple users by setting up multiple guest accounts using their email addresses. Leaving the app on doesn't matter - in fact, it may help by allowing users to receive push notifications. It won't deplete batteries by simply leaving the app running. Using live view will use the batteries, especially if letting it run. However, the cameras time out at 30 minutes so that helps. Careful use age of recording and live view will preserve the batteries.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dsloan123 wrote:
Thx

The system can have multiple users by setting up multiple guest accounts using their email addresses. Leaving the app on doesn't matter - in fact, it may help by allowing users to receive push notifications. It won't deplete batteries by simply leaving the app running. Using live view will use the batteries, especially if letting it run. However, the cameras time out at 30 minutes so that helps. Careful use age of recording and live view will preserve the batteries.