Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
stevebromberg
Aspirant
Aspirant

A few questions on the Arlo Pro ...

1. My doorbell has broken. Can I set up the siren so that it will sound whenever someone comes to the door? If they're pushing the doorbell, can I be alerted immediately on my iMac or iPhone or iPad that someone is at the door?

2. Is the siren outrageously loud? And will I be alerted to the presence of someone at my door when I'm away from home?

3. I have a mesh Wi-Fi system (Eero). Each one is technically a router. can I plug the base into any one of these that has a free ehternet port? My "main" router has only one external port and it's connected to one of my Eeros.

4. Do I have to use rechargeable batteries? Can I waste money and kill the environment with disposable batteries?

That's all for now. Any help would be ... helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Q1. If you have a camera placed by the door, and it detects motion you can have it set the alarm off. Not sure why you would want this while your home

Q2. See response to q1. You can set it up so that it will send a smsemail, or both when motion is detected.

Q3. Yes

Q4. the Pro model cameras comes with a rechargeable battery. The older Arlo you can use rechargeable batteries, Netgear even sells them now. Otherwise, the older model use disposable lithium batteries.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Q1. If you have a camera placed by the door, and it detects motion you can have it set the alarm off. Not sure why you would want this while your home

Q2. See response to q1. You can set it up so that it will send a smsemail, or both when motion is detected.

Q3. Yes

Q4. the Pro model cameras comes with a rechargeable battery. The older Arlo you can use rechargeable batteries, Netgear even sells them now. Otherwise, the older model use disposable lithium batteries.
stevebromberg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, Migman!

just to be clear ... if someone is at my door, the motion detector would pick up his presence and send me an immediate SMS? And then I could talk with that person through whatever device I'm using?

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Motion will be detected assuming to the camera placement is correct. The cameras do have the ability to do 2-way talking, while I never use it. Others have reported some issues with this feature, but if you search the forums, you should find your answers.

Regarding sms, if you have it set up, it will send you a message. When I leqve my house in the morning, my front door camera sends me a message before I can even get the door locked.

Overall, I have been happy with my 4 camera system.