Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
chARLOs
Follower
Follower

I have a newly purchased Arlo Pro camera set.  One camera all of a sudden went from 97% charged to 1% over the course of 1 day.  Now that battery wont charge to more than 3%.  I am using the included charging cabel and tried several different outlets in the house.  

Any ideas?  Is the battery a dud?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you are using the supplied charger and cable.... other wise it will run but not charge.

If you are , consider contacting Netgear.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
mitchellbrand
Star
Star
My driveway camera just did this 2 days ago as well. However I took the battery out and put it back in and then re charged it again and it seems to be doing ok. However, the 2 cameras I have charged will not charge to the full 100 percent. One gets to 88 percent and the other only reaches 91 percent. I have not resolved this issue yet...
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

My understanding is that if the camera is in active use while charging, it will never reach 100%

But if sitting Disaremed it should as mine does.

If your having charge problems , DEF put it into Netgear ...so they know it may be a problem... can't fix it if they don't know about it.

Morse is faster than texting!
MandV
Tutor
Tutor

Must I always resynch after every battery charge? Having trouble getting camera to function after charging all night.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
A recharge has nothing to do with the need to resync. If you need to do that it may be due to the camera being offline for too long, such as from a dead battery.