Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

USB Logging on Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
berrggie1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just checked out the videos recorded on the USB installed in my Arlo Pro Base Station; impressive. It would be very helpful if, instead of logging by camera, you created files by date, including all camera images from that date. That would make saving important files and deleting old files much easier. I wanted to save images of a poor package delivery and, since I have 2 cameras covering my front door, it took awhile to locate all of the images that I wanted. I only had about 400 images stored, thank goodness. I shudder to think how long it would have taken had I been storing on my 8GB USB for 6 months, or so. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You should be able to toggle between seeing thumbnails and listing the files just as file names. Then sort them by date order. Then go back to thumbnails if you like and they'll be in order. Files are named according to Unix time so the file name is a date and time stamp ie it is structured

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

When you browse the contents of your USB drive, can't you sort them by creation date/time?

berrggie1
Aspirant
Aspirant

The images are more like thumbnails. I'm not sure how I would sort them but I will give it a look. It would still be nice if the Arlo folks would provide some sort of structure.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You should be able to toggle between seeing thumbnails and listing the files just as file names. Then sort them by date order. Then go back to thumbnails if you like and they'll be in order. Files are named according to Unix time so the file name is a date and time stamp ie it is structured

berrggie1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem solved, thanks Steve. I blame old age for my limited computer skills.