Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries will not charge

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Arkangel1952
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought a 3 set of these cameras from Lowe's and was trying to charge the batteries for the cameras yesterday but the won't charge left each camera charging for about 4 hours and still nothing.
10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
How do you know they're not charging? Have you checked the battery percentage in Settings, your camera or haven't you synced them yet? Does the blue LED on the camera flash when you connect the charger? It may be a bad charger or cable. You can easily switch cables but the charger needs to be Qualcomm Quick Charge capable with 5v and 9v of at least 1.5 amps. Newer cellphone chargers can frequently conform.
Arkangel1952
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi yes it does blink blue when connected but and I have left them charging for an extended period of time. I was able to sync them while connected to the charger and the app does say there is an update for them but it won't allow me to do it due Low battery
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Sounds like the battery may be defective. First, open the battery door and check the battery connections. Push the battery in firmly and try charging again. It should take no more than 3 hours to charge. If no luck, you may be able to swap at the store or open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
longbaldomere
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same problem.  The opening is ridiculously narrow and deep making it difficult to find a cord that will fit.  However, I have found a suitable cord and the blue led does flash when initially plugged in yet the battery does not charge even after extended periods of time.  Hopefully, someone has a better answer than what has been offered thus far. It seems unlikely that this is a defective battery because both cameras in my set have the same problem.  

Givrins
Aspirant
Aspirant

Battery 3 is Not charging , no led Flashing.

I have 3 cameras and 1 of them is Not charging. Except that, the camera is Working correctly

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure to open a case with support.

Givrins
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is an adaptater 5v problem
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the battery won't charge it's a 9v issue, not 5v.  5v will run the camera but not charge.

CryptoFan411
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issues with both my Cameras.  I took the system offline for some time during an ISP change and then the batteries will never charge.  Using the stock adapter from the box.  Tried multiple different fast chargers.  The system will sync and then request a firmware required upgrade but fails to try because battery is reported too low.  Product only a few months old.  ZERO support found online through live chat, email or other.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have an open case? If so, pursue it.