Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station went offline for 3 weeks. Tried rebooting and power cycling. Tried factory reset.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KatherineElaine
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s been about 3 weeks since my base station went off line. The first thing that I tried was to reboot. When that did not work, i unplugged the power and the Ethernet connection and left it over night. I also removed the cameras and the base station from my account. The next morning I plugged it back up and synced it and it stayed online. I went to my computer and was checking to see if my cameras came back on but I had forgot to reinstall everything, however, I could not get any of the devices to be discovered. My only option was to do a factory reset. I wanted to cry because I knew that when I did, the base was not going to go back online…and I was right.  I went online and tried ALL of the suggestions that I understood how to do. There were some things suggested like trying to see if the router is attempting to connect to the www, but I don’t know where to go to do that. My husband committed suicide in December and he took care of all of the electronic stuff. I don’t know much more than off and on unless I have explicit instructions. So now I cannot get my base station to go back online. Besides everything that has already been said in forums is there anything else to do?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One option is to try support (using the link in the upper right of the forum page, and then clicking on "contact us").

That can be frustrating too, but I think it might be your best option.

KatherineElaine
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought about that but did not think they would help since my system is older and out of warranty. I guess I will go ahead and try. Thank you. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you also want to continue here:

There should be three LEDs on your base.  It'd be useful to know the status of those lights.  https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean