Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Aspirant

Re: Base firmware 1.12.2.2_2754 will not update

I was able to get mine to update by physically turning off the base station rather than just restarting it from the app. 

Message 76 of 86
Aspirant

Re: Arlo Pro Base Station firmware update version - 26June

Tried to do an update one more time before power cycling 🚴🏽 and lo and behold, the firmware update actually came through - didn’t need to manually restart unit.

Now on 1.12.2.4_2772 😇

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 77 of 86
Mentor

Re: Arlo Pro Base Station firmware update version - 26Jul

@delaveganz
Now just wait for the cameras to go offline.
Message 78 of 86
Highlighted
Aspirant

Arlo base unit won't update

The arlo app shows there is an update, but after several base station restarts, it still will not update.
Message 79 of 86
Apprentice

they really need to add a real 'reboot' button, the 'restart' services button is not enough

Message 80 of 86
Apprentice

Made it to the house and unplugged it. All is good now. I also plugged it into a WEMO plug so I can do a true reboot (powerdown) remotely since I cannot get here at the drop of a dime anytime they feel the need to do an upgrade. The funny thing is that my other house in Florida where I live, has not had this issue. Only the NY house.
Message 81 of 86
ysu Luminary
Luminary

Had similar issue but seems to work now.

My base station was on firmware ...-2762. Stuck in update loop.

Followed others’ advise by power cycling the base unit (do not use software restart button. Unplug, wait 30 sec, plug). Then base unit was stuck on orange LED for a few min. After that, it’s back online again with the same “need update” prompt. This time, hitting “update base station firmware” on the camera thumbnail works — it rebooted the base station into orange LED for another few min and now I’m on base station ....-2772.

Everything seems working now.

Obviously Netgear messed up something. Bad cache or whatever...

Message 82 of 86
Aspirant

Re: Arlo base unit won't update

Same problem on my pro base station. „firmware update available for base-station and cam. Let‘s start wirth base.“
Starting this results with error-message. From a distance i have tried this and restarted base for several times. Hours later suddenly was to read „firmware update for cam is available“. After clicking on and restart base it works now.
Strange problem, because new firmware for vmb4000 base (1.12.2.4_2772), which seems to be not listed in ARLO-Forum....
Message 83 of 86
Aspirant

Powering off the base station worked for me and the update finally took when it rebooted.

Message 84 of 86
Aspirant

Re: Cannot update firmware on Base Station or camera for Jun 12 2019

Guess What?  If you have a powered USB drive plugged in, It  will NOT restart.  It will not even power down if you pull the plug as long as the USB drive is a powered drive.

Message 85 of 86
Aspirant

Re: Cannot update firmware on Base Station or camera for Jun 12 2019

Ok, I have a plugged in USB external hard drive also, thanks for the info.

Arlo bad… re-do your firmware deployment.

Pat Thronson

Message 86 of 86