Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rmercer
Follower
Follower

Very frustrated by base station saying it is offline constantly. It is powered up and connected to internet and was working before. I have not changed anything about my network in the slightest. The interruptions have increased recently. Eventually it would come back on-line. But now it has not come back for days. There is no point to having security cameras that you can't access. I paid a lot for the system under the presumption they were properly tested and stable.  I may need to look into returning the system as at the moment it is $2k ornament. Is there any solution or way of testing remotely?  I have spent countless hours troubleshooting this useless system.

3 REPLIES 3
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

You're not alone.. Nothing we users/customers can do much since this is an obvious glitch from Arlo's end.. Basically, it's a waiting game for us.. Am having same issue whereby doing live on my cams it would just disconnect and won't connect anymore after that coz' it's offline but the Base is showing all green and this happens from 11am til' 2pm and sporadically until 6pm and all good again from there on until the next day again.. I tested this on Web and all my iOS devices with latest Arlo App and the previous versions of it.. All same outcome.. This is nothing new from Arlo.. 

Pesqueda
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base station is offline, the only thing that happened is that I reset my router.
Attatood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Quite often I find that the base station or devices are not actually offline, the app just says it is when you first start it up while it is looking for and connecting to your account and finding your devices. Then it will show them in the app. It sometimes takes a minute or so.