Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station stopped syncing cameras. Tried rebooting and re-syncing and removing battery.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GV19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did anyone run into this problem?

My VMB4000r3 base station stopped syncing with all three cameras. The base was hung. I rebooted and unable to get cameras connected back. All cameras fully charged. Tried sync from the base and from the camera - no results; removed battery from one camera no results; Cameras occasionally blinking amber; Base has following lights: power- solid green; Internet - solid /flashing green; camera - no light at all (on as sync will flash for 60 sec then stop). Tried removing one camera but now unable to add it. I can see the base in app (no obvious problems) but none of the cameras showing up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GV19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, @jguerdat, for a great tip. I did solve my own problem but will document it here in case someone else runs into it. It never happened to my system in over two years I own the system, but when the base "hung" something else happened that lead all three camera batteries completely drain in less than twenty-four hours. I found no recordings in that twenty-four hours, some it must be something other than continuous recording drained it. The last camera (I mentioned in the post) was on its last leg, but the other two were completely dead.

The problem is you can see the battery status only when camera is connected and visible in the app. I made an assumption the batteries I good because I charged one to 100% and checked the other two (78% and 86%) just twenty-four hours before this fiasco. Nonetheless, when I saw your response, I decided to charge one battery (just for the heck of it). Needless to say, I was able to reconnect it back to the base and eventually all three after charging.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a pain but I'd remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. If needed, also hold the reset button until all LEDs flash amber and let the base reboot before claiming it again. 

Note that the slow amber blink on the cameras indicates low battery.

GV19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, @jguerdat, for a great tip. I did solve my own problem but will document it here in case someone else runs into it. It never happened to my system in over two years I own the system, but when the base "hung" something else happened that lead all three camera batteries completely drain in less than twenty-four hours. I found no recordings in that twenty-four hours, some it must be something other than continuous recording drained it. The last camera (I mentioned in the post) was on its last leg, but the other two were completely dead.

The problem is you can see the battery status only when camera is connected and visible in the app. I made an assumption the batteries I good because I charged one to 100% and checked the other two (78% and 86%) just twenty-four hours before this fiasco. Nonetheless, when I saw your response, I decided to charge one battery (just for the heck of it). Needless to say, I was able to reconnect it back to the base and eventually all three after charging.