Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go night mode doesn't seem to work properly. Flickers from night to day mode all the time.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Afx2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought today an Arlo Go VML4030.
For some reason the nightmode dora not seem to work properly, it flickers from night mode to day mode all the time each two seconds. Both in live feed and recordings. How do I fix this very annoying issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Afx2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok - I returned it earlier today to the store where I bought it. Will get a new replacement once they get it back in stock again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like the camera is seeing the available light right at the threshold between what it sees as day or night. Changing the light level should fix the problem although repositioning the camera may also be needed.

Afx2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried that and also put the camera in a pitch black room. It still continues to flicker.. so sorry, no luck on that tip. Any further suggestions? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like a hardware problem. That has to be handled by contacting support using the link at the bottom here.

Afx2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok - I returned it earlier today to the store where I bought it. Will get a new replacement once they get it back in stock again.