Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Kazhooch
Tutor
Tutor

So, it's early Sunday morning and I'm having a questionable well deserved lie in. Arlo is disarmed and my iPhone is inactive out of reach on my bedside table when my phone suddenly starts playing audio from one of the cameras.  This is the second time this has happened, but it's only happened on my phone.  I have other users set up and I also have my iPad linked but so far it's only been on my phone.  How is this possible and please can anyone suggest how I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Kazhooch,

Have you tried to uninstall & reinstall the app on your phone?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Kazhooch,

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

I noticed something similar today too.  When I unlocked my phone, I heard audio playing.  I could have sworn it was from one of the cameras but I wasn't Live viewing or even had the app in focus.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi waynebaron,

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

No, I haven't tried that.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

waynebaron,

Give that a shot & reboot your base Station as well. Make sure your firmware is updated to the latest version. iOS App 2.5.5, / Android App 2.5.3

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

ShayneS,

I'm not particularly interested in the ol' "reboot and reinstall and hope for the best" method of troubleshooting this. I was just responding to the OP that I had a similar thing happen.  Maybe suggest this to him/her?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

One thing I will suggest is to close your apps when your done with them. Yes I know google and apple say you can just go back to the home screen and leave apps open, but doing this eventually causes issues in my experience. When done with the app just close it down (on android tap the app switcher button and choose close all). Your phone will be better off for it and hopefully eliminate strange behaviors liked described here.

Kazhooch
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I always try to close apps although can't be sure I did on these occasions.

No I haven't tried deleting and reinstalling the app or rebooting base station but I will try that if this becomes really bothersome.  Tbh it's only happened twice in about 6 weeks and not (so far) when the system is armed i.e. at night.  I'm more interested in what could be triggering this.  It seems to me that this only started after I added hubby's new iPhone to the geofencing setting (probably a mistake because he has a tendency to go out and leave his phone home, but that's another issue). 

I'm also relieved to learn I'm not alone with this because It was a little bit spooky! 

the_moccasin
Aspirant
Aspirant

This happened to me too.

I just installed the arlo pro 2 bundle yesterday and just about 30 minutes ago, my phone that was locked and on silent sitting on the end table, just started playing audio. It may have been from one of the cameras, but I'm not sure. This was unexpected and I'd be pretty upset if this happens while I'm at work or in a meeting.

I looked at my phone and can't remember exactly, but the lock screen had a play button and other arlo UI. Is this a feature or a bug? I'd love to turn it off.

Kazhooch
Tutor
Tutor

That is exactly what was happening on my iPhone.   It was very freaky and totally unpredictable.  I finally gave in and cured it (fingers crossed) by uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  Hope that works for you too.