Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ArloPro camera lights not on with charged battery

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JAGlenn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a camera that went offline. Assumed the battery was dead so brought in to charge. No lights on the camera came on. Eventually swapped out that battery from camera 2. And still camera 1 did not turn on. Put the battery from camera 1 in camera 2 and it still functions as normal. Seems the problem is with camera 1 regardless of battery. Any ideas to reset and get working again?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like the camera failed.  It you purchased it less than 12 months ago, then you could contact support and ask for a warranty replacement.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josash
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am running 4 Arlo Pro cameras and have the same problem with one of them, it is about 15 months old.  I switched the battery when it got low and it would not come back online.  Watch the light on the front when you put in the battery.  Mine blinked blue for about 30 seconds or so then switched to a rapid orange blink for about 5 - 10 seconds then went out completely.  It never came back on.  I reset the hub and tried hitting they sync button on the camera.  Nothing worked.  I even tried switching it out with the camera sitting near the hub but that did not work either.  I sent an email to support last week, but have not heard anything from them.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like the camera failed.  It you purchased it less than 12 months ago, then you could contact support and ask for a warranty replacement.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

JAGlenn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bought it 15 months ago. Hard to believe that the camera hardware has a very short useful life. For as much as it costs, I would like it would have a longer life.