Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Amygross
Follower
Follower
Anyone having issues getting in to the app and website? Every time I try, it says the authentication service is down.
65 REPLIES 65
sssssss
Initiate
Initiate

I cannot believe this.  I just bought this today and am completely dissappointed.  I am going to return this tommorow.

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

To be honest, ive had mine since February and this is the first time this happened and Ive only charged the batteries once. They last about 5-6 month's. just my experience with it.

magnetism87
Initiate
Initiate

Still down as of 9:45 EST November 24. Arlo support team posting on Facebook that most customers should be back up, but mine is still down in Michigan, and I am seeing a lot of posts on here with the same problem.

Facebook post : https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1976975219181255&id=1540756022803179

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still not working in south Florida...I'm calling bs

floodofnoise
Guide
Guide

I've had this system for about a week and have really enjoyed it. No way am I returning it, this is an unusual occurance from my understanding and if it pushes netgear to beef up the servers then all the better for all of us.

Thorical
Initiate
Initiate
New unit won’t connect. Called customer service, after two hour wait was told it’s was a known issue and to try again in the am. “If still not working call back.” If it’s not working in the am, I will be returning unit. Really poor experience all around. Makes me question the quality of Netgears products and service.
Wheresmyarlo
Tutor
Tutor
This is absolutely ridiculous. I had to wait on hold for an hour just for Arlo to tell me that their servers are down. If this is not up and running in a couple hours, I'm returning to Costco for a competing product
Rawmovement
Guide
Guide

Very dissapointing with servers being down, However, even more dissapointed with how issues like this is handled. no notifications til 12 hours later. phone lines not even ringing. 

idoe
Guide
Guide
Wheresmyarlo
Tutor
Tutor
What is that?
Janus2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unable to log into system; getting message " We are sorry, the authetchicaton service is currently down.  Please try again November 25, 2017, 05-21 AM UTC." Has anyone experienced this, as well?  Any word from the company?

KevinH2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow, I literally spent hours on troubleshooting this and it's all because the system is down? It's a security system why didn't we get an email?...hours wasted...good thing I didn't pull the cams down and re start from scratch. Wow. hours

sssssss wrote:

I cannot believe this.  I just bought this today and am completely dissappointed.  I am going to return this tommorow.

maxito
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, Central Europe.
Not able to login since yesterday.
Come on, Netgear.
At least a warning to your customers!
noname1234
Initiate
Initiate

Mine just went down at midnight.  My home was burglarized by four teenagers with guns about 6 week ago. I have had the camerias for a month and been 100% satified until now. This is the worst possible time for the system to go down. I hope this is fixed soon!

Wind
Guide
Guide

The service has been down for me too, and now the connection is intermittetent and when I do manage to login I can't record (getting a timezone error).

AlBraikiaa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still not working.....
Rawmovement
Guide
Guide

Internet light finally turned green but authentication still down. 

KevinH2
Aspirant
Aspirant

My lights are green now as well, can't log into the arlo app but can view the video via smartthings

SinCityScorpion
Tutor
Tutor
Ok I get it service goes down, it happens. What I don't get is how there isn't a fail safe for when service goes down, so you can at least monitor your cameras. Arlo should work on building their app so it can stand alone and at least have viewing access when service is down.
Wind
Guide
Guide

SinCityScorpion wrote:
Ok I get it service goes down, it happens. What I don't get is how there isn't a fail safe for when service goes down, so you can at least monitor your cameras. Arlo should work on building their app so it can stand alone and at least have viewing access when service is down.

Is the Arlo system basically dead if you can't login to the online service? The seems like a serious single-point-of-failure. It would be good to at least have some sort of limited accessability in case of online access issues.

Now I am wondering if its possible that a major outage could be caused by a DDOS attack or even by a hijack of the Netgear cloud servers (or the authentification service) with everyone's camera access then being compromised by a third party. Do we unplug the base station to ensure no unauthorised access by a nefarious group?

Lasvegasjonsnow
Aspirant
Aspirant
authentication down here in Vegas too... bummer because they’re all armed still and I’m home so I’m getting a notification every second... for sure screwed up that they haven’t sent out an email explaining what’s going on... great system when it works though.
Lasvegasjonsnow
Aspirant
Aspirant
That’s a great point, I am always a little
Sketched out about the fact that it’s cloud based and any hacker can just gain access to all these cameras... luckily for me all they’d see is my ass on the couch hahah but sketchy for sure
Batwoman007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is still down!
cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Authentication service still down. United Kingdom.

Jenza57
Tutor
Tutor

My system has been playing up all day....keep getting the message 'We are sorry, the authentication service is currently down. Please try again...."

I reset, turned off, tried different cables.....I urgently needed the system to be running today so its extremely annoying!