Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro, receiving notifications when nothing is there?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Dwnrvrguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have one camera out of four I keep receiving numerous notifications throughout the day. When I view the footage there's nothing to see.
This camera is mounted on the outside of the house.
Could the wind cause the camera to move enough to set off the motion detection?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes, likely the Armed mode. All settings are in there for audio, video,notifications, etc. Be sure to save, which may be on the previous page.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It is possible the wind is blowing something and its' setting off the camer...or traffic in the area and IR reflecting off cars.

two things,

1) lower the sense level a bit at a time and retest to see if it fixes things

2) swap the camera to another location ( with working camera ) if #1 doesn't help to make sure the issue follows the camera

If #2 comes true and problem stays with camera after lowering the sesnse level, contact Netgear

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have had mine go off several times due to a bird flying by close to the camera he sets off the motion and is gone by the time the camera records him so iam left with nothing, I have had times where I just catch the tail of the bird bees also. Sometimes my grill cover will set it off on a windy day.

Mrsc716
Aspirant
Aspirant
Could you list the steps to lower the sensitiviry please. I have 10,000 emails of Arlo alerts from audio and motion detected yet there is nothing. No sounds no motion.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes, likely the Armed mode. All settings are in there for audio, video,notifications, etc. Be sure to save, which may be on the previous page.