Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Stevenross
Star
Star
Does anybody have a definitive answer of when this will ship I've had it on backorder since December 1 finally being told that it would ship this past Friday which was January 6 and that day has come and gone.

Thank you everyone in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

There is no announced release date. Netgear is touting it off though in video's recently at CES, so I would imagine it would be released soon.

Stevenross
Star
Star
I can't imagine charging this thing any other way – it's torture
reynoldswrap0
Star
Star

I just received my Arlo Pro silicone skins at the first of the year, and Amazon was a pretty good indicator of when they were to be expected in stock, actually sooner than planned.  Amazon currently shows no indication of stock for the charging station, though, so no help there.

I added a camera to my 4-pk by purchasing the $189 add-on box.  It came with another charging adapter/cable so I no longer have a need for the dual charge station, unless I were to stock extra batteries, which I don't currently plan on doing. If you are considering another camera, just remember that you will then be able to charge two at once anyway.  Should be the same downtime for the cameras unless you were planning to buy spare batteries with your charging station.

Stevenross
Star
Star
Thank you for your feedback yet how are you charging them? Are you taking down a camera and connecting the wire to charge them? The cameras are configured. The last thing I want to do is take 1 down. Hence the charging station.
reynoldswrap0
Star
Star

That's a good question, and I had the same concern.  However, the only thing that will be distrupted is the camera angle/position.  All the other configuration with modes and rules will remain the same.  If you are using the included magnetic mounts, I would be seriously impressed if you were able to switch out batteries without moving the camera position.  If you have security mounts for all of them, then that could make more sense.  

So to answer your question I am removing them and charging with the cable, in which case I actually find the security threaded mount to be a bit of a pain (when I screwed the camera back on, it didn't end up in the same position so I had to use both hands to adjust/tighten ... perhaps I should have just tried to open the battery compartment while leaving it mounted), so I recently replaced it with one of the magnetic table/ceiling mounts that is a full ball joint and stands off the surface about two or three inches.  Now I can make quick position adjustments with just one hand while I review the screen in position mode on the app. 

Stevenross
Star
Star
Everything that you're saying makes sense yes I do have security mounds and yes I do have extra batteries and the goal is to swap them in an out when they need to be changed without the disrupting the angle hand without having any downtime