Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro base station says getting information and won't correct itself

Discussion stats
Retired_Member
Not applicable

My Arlo Pro is one week old and now base station is stuck at "getting information" is there a solution for this?

38 REPLIES 38
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I was successful in reaching Mark Merrill and now have a case open.

"Case Summary: VMB4000 - Executive Escalation "

They are going to be reaching out to me the next business day (which I suspect is tomorrow).  I will provide an update if the information given to me proves useful to the community. 

garyw342
Tutor
Tutor
I followed this and after 2 restarts I had to re sync all cameras but everything is good now.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Sorry, what's a Mark Merrill?
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Mark Merrill is the CTO (Chief Technology Officer) of Netgear. 

https://www.netgear.com/about/management/?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Jayman1970
Aspirant
Aspirant
System been down for 4 days now. Stuck on getting status. Please fix problem it's not happening on our end
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's working here so it would seem to be on your end. What are the base LEDs showing? What are the symptoms and what have you tried? More details are better than fewer.
Jo-Anne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our base says 'getting information' And it seems to be stuck there. I have tried rebooting, unplugging everything, factory reset, even a new router....... no luck. We have had this system for 7 months. First problem, and it seems the base is hooped..... please advise. We purchased a security system for a reason. Please advise asap. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
A good step to always use is to open a case with support. Bad hardware can't be solved here.
Jo-Anne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Done, thanks!

Jo-Anne
Aspirant
Aspirant

And thanks again! The support at Arlo were very quick, and solved my problem very quickly! 

Jo-Anne wrote:

Done, thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What was the solution?
Jo-Anne
Aspirant
Aspirant

If base glitches: (Apr 2017)
- remove (delete) base from app
- with pin or paper clip push reset in back of base for 30 seconds. Light(s) should be amber. Let base reboot for 2-3 minutes. Reload cameras

I was rebooting improperly, this method worked! All working good now.....

Tys_wow
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two of these camera's have had them for less than a week and am currently seeing this very annoying status(Getting status...) that seems to be an ongoing issue with these camera's from what I am reading?  Should I be taking these back for my money back? 

Regards

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tys_wow,

Consider rebooting the base station using the on-off button. Allow the base to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED and try again. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC