Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Retired_Member
Not applicable

My Arlo Pro is one week old and now base station is stuck at "getting information" is there a solution for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vtach
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine start working now. I turn it off then wait 1 min before turn it back on and it works..😂😂

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
renrenolds
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem that just started about a half hour ago. I've been using my cameras for months without a single problem. I have a feeling their server might be having an issue since all communication from the cameras goes through their server.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I am having the same issue  its a little unsettling that there is no redundancy in thier systems   My property is basically blind right now   i'm not a happy camper  

Superpop
Star
Star

My system is crashed too.  Ready to return this system if I am reliant on some server somewhere.   Need 100% uptime.  

jwilliams08
Guide
Guide
I'm sure this could be claimed as a manufacturer defect, right? 😉
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
ARLO OFF LINE message restarted base reinstalled app no luck latest upgrade IOS ANDROID
1775USMC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any solution??? I cant get mine to get on line.. Stays on offline. My WiFi is at 100%
Bellapollo1
Tutor
Tutor
Dose anyone know if Arlo is working on our issue?
shawnwells01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mwong
Initiate
Initiate
Mine was working and last half hour the same thing happened to me. Help please!
Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bellapollo1 wrote:
Dose anyone know if Arlo is working on our issue?

Nobody from NETGEAR has responded in the forums. And they normally are quick to do so. Especially for a issue so widespread.

This is NOT good. 

garyw342
Tutor
Tutor

Mine too...nothing is coming online...I even have a spare base station I unwrapped and connected.  LED shows internet and cameras connected but app shows base station offline and no cameras listed.  I can see my previous recorded videos.  but the system is essentially dead.

renrenolds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine system is working again. Hopefully this is the case with everyone else now too.

Maylin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yup! Working now. 👍
AgentL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is still not working. It's 2:24am CST.
Vtach
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine start working now. I turn it off then wait 1 min before turn it back on and it works..😂😂
MarkC
Luminary
Luminary

Why did Netgear not send out an e-mail to all Arlo users about the outage?!?

I think this is extremely poor practice!

I was up at 3am to find that the system was offline, no push notification to any of my devices stating that it was, nothing from Netgear!Luckily I have mine linked into SmartThings (the cameras were still available through that) so was quickly able to setup a few rules on a few of the cameras should they detect any motion.

I am just hoping that that they were not hacked???

Might be a good idea to change passwords all the same as even if they they were they will probably not come clean for a good time yet!

I ditched Arlo! As a Company they hold their Customers/Us in complete contempt! We beta test producs for them, the products only work properly for ~70% of the time at best!

If you are serious about your home or work security then look elsewhere! Get a ip Camera System with an NVR and some Blink XT cameras to cover the places you cannot run a cable to. You will NEVER regret moving away from Arlo!
Bellapollo1
Tutor
Tutor
6:03 am in Los Angeles, my cameras states that it is offline. I've tried restarting it serval times and it still isn't working... I am really upset, can anyone give me advice on how to fix my issue? Thank you -Josh
AgentL
Aspirant
Aspirant
What exactly did you do to turn it off?
Bellapollo1
Tutor
Tutor
I hit the reset button and had no luck, I also turned off all the power and had no luck!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Late last night we deployed server upgrades that may have resulted in a small number of users experiencing an issue accessing their system.  This should now be resolved. Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC

AgentL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine still isn't working. Please help.
Mwong
Initiate
Initiate

I called them last night after this was happening and after resetting it three times it finally worked. Unplugged everything and waited a minute before plugging the ethernet cable and dc power back in. Then I pressed the on/off button and when it turned on, I used a pin and pressed the reset button the the back for 10 seconds and released.

The first time it rebooted, two cameras connected. Second reboot it was stuck again, but finally after the third reboot, all cameras reconnected.

I had my sytem for 3 months or so and this is the first time this happened.

Hope this helps.

AgentL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Awesome - it worked! Thank you.
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

JamesC wrote:

Late last night we deployed server upgrades that may have resulted in a small number of users experiencing an issue accessing their system.  This should now be resolved. Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC

Thanks for the update. Does Netgear have plans to introduce some type of redundancy into thier network? At the very least, I'd expect an email that advises me when the outage is occuring, or planned updates that COULD effect my system.  During this window, my $649.00 (+1 additional camera) SECURITY system was effectively a toaster.  It was also at night, at a time when I feel my security system should be working as expected and we depend on.  At the very least, it should have alerted me that the system was down or having issues - either via a notification, email, or text.  This seems like a glaring gap in netgear's cloud systems and could have serious reprocussions should something "bad happen" during this type of event.  I'd be concerned about the liability issues.  This seems like a serious flaw in the architecture to me. I have also reached out to Mark Merrill (CTO, Netgear) to voice my concerns and I encourage others to do the same.