Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
FN2187
Follower
Follower

So I bought an Arlo system a couple years ago, 7 cameras, lots of money!

Immediately upon installing and setting it up, I notice monumental lag. The 2-way audio communication was absolutely useless. I spoke to Arlo and they said my bandwidth was inadequate on my WiFi and I would have to simply deal with it. My WiFi was 100mbps up and 80mbps down.

So I just upgraded my WiFi and have 700mbps up and 600mbps down. The lag and delayed has been reduced!

So instead of 25-30 seconds of a video/audio delay, now I ONLY have 15-20 seconds of delay.

Sweet right?!

Don’t buy this system or Arlo anything. I’m sick of this expensive, useless gimmicky product.

2 REPLIES 2
courju
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here, The Smarthub is 7m from the camera (1 wall), and I have a delay from 20sec for the audio, and around 5sec for the video.

This can't be possible. This topic is in this forum since 5 years, over and over, why is no one taking care of it????

It would oft be said to update as if the users would be so stupid ... we are all updated, and it is still the same problem.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @courju

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support