Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Astronomy
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro stopped sendimng notifications this morning.  I rebooted my phone and everything was fine until this evening and again no notifications.  The cameras are recording but not sending notifiction

8 REPLIES 8
Shelbygto2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. Yesterday and today it tells me there is motion but doesn't record the 20sec clip & when I go to view clips it says there is none.
mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice
My experience today is the opposite - notifications were working but now they're not. And now I suspect recordings aren't working as well. So tired of issues with this product.
DC-Sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since March1, I don't get notifications anymore. howcome?  This is for both "free" cameras as well as "paid" cameras.....

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DC-Sweden wrote:

Since March1, I don't get notifications anymore. howcome?  This is for both "free" cameras as well as "paid" cameras.....

FWIW, I am getting them.

Are you still getting recordings?

There have been some other folks reporting issues with notifications - they should have been resolved by Arlo yesterday.  So perhaps wait a bit.  https://status.arlo.com/

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I was getting sporadic notifications yesterday but today I'm getting nothing. I just rebooted my base, perhaps that will resolve it. I'm not home so I won't know until something is detected.  It is, however, recording as I can see the recordings in the cloud.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Well again this morning failed to get a notification for motion on a video that is in the library, starting to get old.  If it's in the library it's not likely a hardware issue.  It's only the two of seven set for motion notifications that have an issue and only with motion and yes all the resets and turn off turn on have been done.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Astronomy @Shelbygto2

Have you tried rebooting the base station or cameras & test again? You can reboot the cameras by removing > re-inserting the battery.

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice
I rebooted everything. Pulled batteries, put in different ones - one camera is on a solar panel so even reconnected it - nothing made any difference.

Mysteriously, things started working again in the middle of the night.

I truly believe there are software issues - when using a browser, I can watch a camera detect motion and record. I then see the "badge counter " change from indicating 0 recordings to showing 1 recording, and then immediately changing back to a zero again, all in a second or two.