Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
jlouie1
Tutor
Tutor

Just updated to iOS version 2.4.8 and noticed that in the app and on the web site, all of my devices show the same (most recent) time since most recent time of last activity in the lower left corner (ex. 15 min ago) instead of each device showing the actual time since last activity for each device.

If others are seeing this too, please put in a fix for this.  Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
haly98
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve noticed that when I view in the camera, the time I last viewed is not updated in the window (below, left side). How do I get that show up updated?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

haly98

What client are you seeing this on (iOS, Android, or Web)?

Do you see the same behavior regardless of which device you use?

JamesC

haly98
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James. Thanks for replying.
I have an iPhone. Currently iOS 11.2.6.
I noticed that on my husbands iPhone, he has the 2.4.5 version of Netgear whereas I have the 2.4.7. I was wondering if it had to do with the newer version. I don’t know. I really liked that feature and it’s now gone 😞
I’ve already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, nothing improved. I restarted the base, still nothing. It’s kind of frustrating not being able to have a solution and I’ve already contacted Netgear via Chat service. Do you have any other suggestions or am I SOL? No, I do not have any other device with the app besides iPhones.
Thanks!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jlouie1,

Consider a base station reboot (using the on-off button). Do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

jlouie1
Tutor
Tutor

This Arlo is in a remote location with an iffy internet connection so it gets power cycled every night along with the DSL modem.  For the last few nights, the app and web still had the wrong time posted, but I just check in the web and it looks like all the devices are showing different times, so something must have been updated on the back end to resolve this issue.  Thanks.

tghosh
Tutor
Tutor

I believe I am seeing the same issue since a recent update.  When i launch the app on iOS.  the timestamp in all three of my cameras preview screenshots shows in incorrect date.  For example, tw of my cameras had activity about an hour ago, but all three cameras show a time stamp of '25d ago'

jlouie1
Tutor
Tutor

The problem has gone away for me over the last few days.  I have done nothing other than a nightly power off/on of the base station.  Arlo probably corrected something in the system.  Try a reboot of the base station as a first step.  Good luck.

cryocide
Star
Star

I'm seeing the same issue in the iOS app.  App version is 2.4.9.  Base station is 1.9.8.0_16666.  Cameras are 1.092.0.8_17203.  iOS version is 11.3 on iPhone 7 Plus.

I've rebooted the base station both in software and via the power button.  I've also rebooted & resynced the cameras, as well as removing and reinserting the camera batteries.  All devices have connectivity. 

I've also force-closed the app in the iPhone, as well as restarting the phone.  Last active timestamps for the cameras show 40d and 41d ago (it's interesting that they're different).  Doing a live view of the cameras does not change the timestamp on the app.

The webpage app shows the timestamps correctly.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS Arlo mobile app is now available. Please download the latest version and let me know if you're still experiencing this issue.

JamesC

cryocide
Star
Star

I tried the new iOS app and the preview still shows incorrectly (now 71d for one camera, 72d for the other).  No change after rebooting the base system, force-closing and reopening the app, and rebooting the phone.

Interestingly, the webpage app no longer shows a time stamp at all on the preview.

MilesSmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on ios 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

MilesSmith,

Have you tried do uninstall/reinstall the app and test again?

Kb3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here with wrong time displayed after last iOS update. The best part is, the delay start from 15 mins last month but now is delay by 59 mins..
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Kb3,

Which device are you experiencing this issue with? Are you seeing the wrong time on the snapshot or in the library?

Kb3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, in deed it getting more than 1hour mark now. Can you fix please?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's likely something you need to fix. STart by verifying the time zone in your settings for the base. Restart the base.