Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mrIneedhelp101
Follower
Follower
Hello, my Arlo security system is now useless after having to shut off the alarm. I press the button at the top to stop the alarm, it stops, then it turns back on again! WHAT?! I shut it off, then I turn the base station back on, and alarms AGAIN! I factory reset it, expecting for the blinking amber lights, yet all LEDS turn green, then... ALARMS! The system has be turned off for the last 2 months. I was hoping to find answer from the community (PLEASE) except factory resetting the system (which I can’t do because every time I do it through the newly updated app, it can’t detect it, therefore I can’t repeat the set up process), then I try live chat (but shows a blank screen on Safari and Google Chrome), I want to call the support centre, but since it was almost a year after I purchased it, I have to pay a ‘small fee’ just to reach out to them.

I need help! Please!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@mrIneedhelp101 wrote:
Hello, my Arlo security system is now useless after having to shut off the alarm. I press the button at the top to stop the alarm, it stops, then it turns back on again! WHAT?! I shut it off, then I turn the base station back on, and alarms AGAIN! I factory reset it, expecting for the blinking amber lights, yet all LEDS turn green, then... ALARMS! The system has be turned off for the last 2 months. I was hoping to find answer from the community (PLEASE) except factory resetting the system (which I can’t do because every time I do it through the newly updated app, it can’t detect it, therefore I can’t repeat the set up process), then I try live chat (but shows a blank screen on Safari and Google Chrome), I want to call the support centre, but since it was almost a year after I purchased it, I have to pay a ‘small fee’ just to reach out to them. 

A reset is performed by 1) removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and 2) holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.

It kinda sounds like the siren button is stuck down but can't be sure.

There's no cost to support regardless of what the docs say. Since you're still within the warranty period, if the reset doesn't work, open a case immediately.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First I would uninstall the app and reinstall incase the app is causing the alarm issue... test

If NG then,

I would , on a computer with Firefox, go to https://arlo.netgear.com/  ( do not use the app )

then remove all cameras and then the base...do a reset  ( it will appear on a computer ) then reclaim all as if they were a new install... this will rebuild any modes ans should solve the alarm issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@mrIneedhelp101 wrote:

A reset is performed by 1) removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and 2) holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.

It kinda sounds like the siren button is stuck down but can't be sure.

There's no cost to support regardless of what the docs say. Since you're still within the warranty period, if the reset doesn't work, open a case immediately.