Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to trigger siren automatically

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jkshining
Follower
Follower

I have recently purchased Arlo Pro with base station and 4 wireless cameras. Base station has an inbuilt siren. However I am struggling to find the option to automatically trigger the siren when motion is detected. I check out the "Edit Mode" option within Arlo App, but it only gives the option to "Push Notiication" and "Email alert" when motion is detected. Siren is not an option. Please can somebody help?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Click on the Add Device selection while editing your rule. The siren can be found there.

Leifdanielsson
Aspirant
Aspirant

The recommended option does not appear. Trying from both IOS app and MacOS Safari. Is there a browser/operative system problem?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is after clicking on the Add Device button while editing your rules?  If so, can you verify that you actually have a Pro base that has the siren and not the original base which does not?

Leifdanielsson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found it, eventually. Instructions were a bit confusing, as I didn't realize the siren was a "new device".

But sure, makes sense, although I think to an amateur, that is a step too technical - to me it is already in the base station device...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It does take a little bit of a mindset but you're not adding a new device, you're adding a new device to the rule. Perhaps the Add Device selection in the rules should be renamed so as to not be confused with the Add Device button on the web interface in the Devices tab.