Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
svtdriver
Guide
Guide

I got an alert today from Amazon regarding the Arlo Pro outdoor power adapter (VMA4700).

"The NETGEAR  has informed us that the product  Arlo Outdoor Power Adapters (Model No. VMA4700) may have an issue with the connection between the adapter and Arlo Pro cameras may allow water to enter the camera. When this happens the camera may stop charging, cease to work, or overheat. If you believe your purchase is impacted, please stop using the product. NETGEAR has informed us that they will provide additional information to customers."

My question to NETGEAR, is there a replacement cable forthcoming? How would you be contacting me? Through Amazon?

Thanks!

31 REPLIES 31
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

JamesC:

We have become aware that the Arlo Outdoor Power Adapter/Cable (model VMA4700) may allow water into the charging port if used for continuous outdoor use. When this happens, the camera may stop charging, cease to work, or overheat.

I’m confused about the above statement by Netgear, still leaves some pressing questions:

-Water may be allowed into the charging port “if used for continuos outdoor use (CVR). No water may be entering camera charging port when not used in CVR mode and therefore ok to use?

-Netgear warning notice is addressed to users of Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2. From what I understand there isn’t a continuous outdoor use (CVR) available with Arlo Pro. Should the adapter be considered safe to use with the Pro?

Thank you.

svtdriver
Guide
Guide
I think you may be confusing continuous use with continuous recording. Having the power plugged in is continuous use by always supplying power to the camera, thus applying to the Pro.

Thanks Netgear for replying to the thread. I will be on the lookout for a replacement solution.
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy
svtdriver wrote:
I think you may be confusing continuous use with continuous recording......

You're probably right, but I thought there was an earlier post about it referring to CVR use that got me confused. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget we're in the Pro, not Pro 2, section. As such, there's no CVR to be had.

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I received the same notice from amazon. Will wait to hear what solution NetGear comes up with.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

jguerdat wrote:

Don't forget we're in the Pro, not Pro 2, section. As such, there's no CVR to be had.

That was just a cross-posting, replicating messages about the outdoor power adapter as it affects both AP and AP2.

However, good point.