Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
atech
Follower
Follower

Arlo app shuts down after 5 seconds of vewing on my companys wifi network. When i switch to 4g LTE it works fine.(The company i work for is Comcast so Internet is working fine 105 Upload 27 Download) Whats going on net gear? this shouldent be happening. This wouldent be a problem if i wouldent run out of gigabites on my phone sevice. shuting my wifi service of and on is a pain.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Does it work on other wifi networks just fine? If you're blaming Netgear for the problem you must be thinking there's a problem with the app, but the app works fine with LTE. Pop down to starbucks or McD's and jump on their free wifi and see if it still happens.

Can we assume you're on the latest iOS and latest Arlo App?

MarkC
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah to me it looks like your company is blocking some of the ports that Netgear uses, most likely for streaming video. Smiley Frustrated

I ditched Arlo! As a Company they hold their Customers/Us in complete contempt! We beta test producs for them, the products only work properly for ~70% of the time at best!

If you are serious about your home or work security then look elsewhere! Get a ip Camera System with an NVR and some Blink XT cameras to cover the places you cannot run a cable to. You will NEVER regret moving away from Arlo!