Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
tkdog1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to add a device to the Arlo app and it keeps telling me "No Arlo devices found".  I have 4 cameras hooked up and trying to add the 5th.  I had 5 set up, had to replace 1 of them so I removed the 1 and now I cannot add the new camera?    Any help would be appriciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@tkdog1 wrote:

Here is what I have.  We have a log in for the internet and the tablet we have at home.  That one I was able to remove the bad camera and add the new one to it.  I can see all 5 cameras on this.

I have the Arlo app with a different log in on my android smartphone.  I used to be able to see all 5 cameras but now since I removed the bad one, I cannot add the new one so now using the app I am only able to see 4 of them?  How do I get the 5th added back on to the app?  Even when I log into the Arlo website with this log in i can only see the 4 and cannot add the 5th?

It appears you've used Settings, Grant Access to that second account. When you add a new camera, whether brand new or one that's removed, you have to go back to Grant Access and select that camera again. Removing it from the system removes it from Grant Access as well as any custom modes.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds - and then the camera sync button. You don't need to use the app to do this. If it still fails, reboot the base and try again.

tkdog1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will this add the other device to the app?  Maybe I did not explain well?

Here is what I have.  We have a log in for the internet and the tablet we have at home.  That one I was able to remove the bad camera and add the new one to it.  I can see all 5 cameras on this.

I have the Arlo app with a different log in on my android smartphone.  I used to be able to see all 5 cameras but now since I removed the bad one, I cannot add the new one so now using the app I am only able to see 4 of them?  How do I get the 5th added back on to the app?  Even when I log into the Arlo website with this log in i can only see the 4 and cannot add the 5th?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tkdog1

Are you trying to resync the 5th camera to your base station, or add it to your granted access account/log in?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@tkdog1 wrote:

It appears you've used Settings, Grant Access to that second account. When you add a new camera, whether brand new or one that's removed, you have to go back to Grant Access and select that camera again. Removing it from the system removes it from Grant Access as well as any custom modes.

tkdog1
Aspirant
Aspirant

The grant access worked and you all are awesome.  Thanks everyone for the help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tkdog1

Awesome!

Let us know if you have any further questions.