Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Timmy256
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

After two years of having purchased the Solar Panel, encountering several issues, having it exchanged and re-installed (all which took about a year, since I had to travel back to the US for the exchange and I'm not from there), this past week I've noticed that I got the dreaded "Charging Fault / Not Charging" error again in the camera connected to the Panel. At first, I thought it was more of the same; that the same issue that was in the past started to appear again, but when I went to get the battery out of the camera to manually charge it, I've noticed the Solar Panel started to peel by itself. I don't know if it has something to do with that message error now, but it was working finally OK until this happened.

20190821_200957.jpg20190821_201001.jpg

I've tried searching the Community here and couldn't find any thread mentioning something like this. Anybody have any similar experiences?

@JamesC, you have helped me in the past to internally create the case for the RMA exchange. Would it be possible to help me out again with this? I'll be in the US for a week in New York next month, so I have to coordinate again with the customer service that mode of they sending me a replacement to the hotel and me sending the faulty product afterwards (providing my credit card as insurance), as I won't have time to send my Panel and wait for another one, because I'd have traveled back to my home country by then.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Timmy256
Apprentice
Apprentice

The uploaded pictures are not showing up when I'm not logged in to the Arlo Community. Here they are again, posted from an external site.

20190821-200957-20-55-0320190821-201001-20-55-03

Thanks.

JerryR
Luminary
Luminary

Pictures still aren't showing up.

Timmy256
Apprentice
Apprentice

Aghhh... the Community seems to be messing with my pictures or something after I post them, because I can see them right away.

Anyway, here are the links to the pictures. Hopefully they don't get removed:

https://ibb.co/R4XJBb7
https://ibb.co/4PvV3nw

JerryR
Luminary
Luminary

It's been awhile since I got my solar panel but that looks like a protective layer that's supposed to be peeled off when you pull it out of the box. Many electronic items have similar protectors on the displays, lenses, etc.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As mentioned here, for shipping purposes, the solar panel comes with a protective layer that should be removed prior to set up. The "peeling" pictured here shows that protective plastic layer, this can safely be removed.

JamesC

Timmy256
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for your comments guys, although that cover is certainly not a protective film expecting to be removed. It's like a glass, very thin film that breaks in a million pieces instead of lifting. I'm scraping it with a plastic scrapper and Goo Gone and it still took me one hour and a half to get to the progress I'm attaching in these new pictures, with my arms aching because of the force I had to make to scrape it.

It's like scrapping super glue; it's extremely sticked in, like a protective cover not meant to be removed (similar to recent Galaxy Fold issues). Also, it didn't have a flap (to pull it out) and there is no mention or indicator that I had to remove it in any documentation or product itself. I'm not stupid; I encounter protective films every day in my field of work, but when I saw this one the first time I installed (and now again), I realized it wasn't meant to be removed. Believe me, I've tried the first time, but I left it there after noticing that it was impossible to peel.

20190826-20320420190826-203210

https://i.ibb.co/6y4wGPB/20190826-203204.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/Jyk16xw/20190826-203210.jpg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Timmy256,

I recommend contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC