Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

Owing to one of our pet cats getting outside, we've been doing a lot of live viewing for the past few days whereupon we've learned that Arlo will only let you view for about ten minutes before bumping you off we suppose to limit bandwith usage.

However, a new problem has cropped up where trying to go live gets an instant time out on the PC web page and continuous 'connecting' message on the Android app. 

Refreshing the browser, rebooting the base station, rebooting the router and even the cable modem does nothing. 

However, taking the battery out of the camera and then replacing it does the trick. 

Anyone else having this probelm? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team recently released a new firmware update which should fix this issue. You can see more about the new firmware update here: Firmware Release Notes

Please let us know if you're still experiencing the issue. 

View solution in original post

175 REPLIES 175
poex
Tutor
Tutor

And once again back to the topic. 

My new Arlo App still shows "your request timed out", when I try to log in. I was using  Arlo Legacy app while waiting new Arlo app problems to be solved. The old app worked absolutely fine until it completely stopped working today. 

The new app is still corrupted. I have tried solution mentioned here, but it did not work. 

Losing my patience already...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@poex

What version of the Arlo mobile app are you using?

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

jmhseamonkey
Initiate
Initiate

I'm not the original poster, but I am also experiencing this same issue using version 2.12 of the iOS mobile app.  I have restarted my phone and uninstalled and reinstalled the app, without success.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jmhseamonkey

What version iOS is your phone running?

jmhseamonkey
Initiate
Initiate
I’m running iOS 13.3
poex
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried completely reinstalling the app. Logging in via Wi-FI / 4G made no difference. 

iOS 13.2.3

poex
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo app version 2.12

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

HEY ARLO, APPARENTLY YOU HAVE A CLOUD SERVER ISSUE! 

iNDIVIDUAL CAMERAS SUDDENLY CAN'T GO LIVE, TIME OUT IMMEDIATELY. 

iTS  NOT OUR ROUTER, CABLE MODEM, OR CABLE SERVICE. WE CHECKED THAT FIRST. ITS NOT OUR EQUIPMENT SINCE ITS NOT THE SAME CAMERA EVERY TIME. THE ARLO PROS SEEM THE MOST SUSCEPTIBLE.

PLEASE THIS TIME DO SOMETHING!!!!!

jcpainter69
Tutor
Tutor

Trying to view live on arlo pro... immediately get a time out error. Has been going on for hours..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser? Have you tried both? Log out and back in. Maybe reboot the device and try again.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

This live streaming problem is persisting and is driving us mad.

For no apparent reason, cameras refuse to go live. The very instant one is selected it instantly times out and cannot be connected despite repeated attempts. Then, when you finally do connect sometimes as much as a half hour later, they time out again after only a minute or so, yet other cameras stay live without an issue. 

It isn't the same camera every time, but can vary among them.

Could this be a server\network issue you guys are dealing with?

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Same here.. Cam(s) would disconnect and won't go Live coz' in the background it's offline and when I do restart the Base the cam(s) would go offline for several minutes and come back.... It's been like this on my end since last week from about noon time til' around 5-6pm and all good again after that.. Am using two Bases which are from Pro and the Regular 1st Gen Arlo using all Pro Cams.. My Arlo 1st Gen Base with Pro has been working knock on wood but not the Pro Base.. This could be a bad firmware update or Server? I don't know.. 

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary
JPC 

Prodigy

Same here.. Cam(s) would disconnect and won't go Live coz' in the background it's offline and when I do restart the Base the cam(s) would go offline for several minutes and come back.... It's been like this on my end since last week from about noon time til' around 5-6pm and all good again after that.. Am using two Bases which are from Pro and the Regular 1st Gen Arlo using all Pro Cams.. My Arlo 1st Gen Base with Pro has been working knock on wood but not the Pro Base.. This could be a bad firmware update or Server? I don't know.. 

Unfortunately, at the beginning of this maddening issue, I replaced a failing basic arlo camera with a spare and  believe that the base station updated before the camera synced which just might be another case like the infamous May firmware update that many of us still have not recovered from.

I just don't understand and can't imagine what business sense it makes to treat us like mushrooms: keep us in the dark an and dump on us.

JYP
Guide
Guide

Having constant issues lately and it really beat the purpose of installing this device.

Few weeks ago, it started to display "request time out" . Occasional time out would be understandable, but this happens way too often, frustrated me way too much. In terms of reliability, I have to give the rating of 1 of 5. I have been using the device for about an year. Does anyone know what's going on or how to fix? Is it something that was supposed to happen after about an year of purchase?

Thanks

JYP
Guide
Guide

Model is VMB4000r3

Timed out period is closed to 30 minutes everytime.

It happened about 10 times last few days.... 

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

Ok, today the timing out\won't go live problem is spreading like a slow plague. 

Today, an Arlo Pro camera that thus far has been unaffected by this insane problem after a battery change won't go back online, just keeps timing out-----which HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE IN THE MORE THAN A YEAR WE'VE HAD IT DEPLOYED. 

BTW, we wonder if the design engineer that specified the placement of the mounting hole on the Pro (Pro 2's too) camera ever tried to screw the camera back on to the screw mount that was at least seven feet off the ground (as Arlo specifies) while standing on a step ladder in the freezing cold.

The asymmetric hole location makes this near impossible.  

Anyway, HEY ARLO. We're paying $100 bucks a year for ten cameras that we can't watch when we want to!

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Please FIX the issue with timed out and unable to open camera to view

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi JYP,

Are you receiving this error message when you're viewing your live stream?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi MikeBravo and JPC,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary
JessicaP 

Arlo Moderator

Hi MikeBravo and JPC,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Been there, done that. 

Wound up twice with an Indian (man and then woman) whose accent was so thick I could barely understand them. I got the man first and when I told him that I could barely understand him he told me to hang up and try again. That maybe I wouldn't get someone from India.

But I did. 

All she did is repeat back everything I said to her as if she was taking dictation and then after putting me on hold twice for five full minutes at a time, she came back and demanded that I send her a screen shot, that she couldn't proceed any further until she got it. 

A screen shot. Of a thumbnail window showing that the camera timed out. A screen shot. 

I pity you for the job you have to do because your company is hanging you out to dry.

JYP
Guide
Guide

It's not an error message. It constantly keep showing "connecting..." then stopped. Just right now, it has been having same issue (again) for about 45 minutes... I tried different networking, hard line, data, and tried web version, but still not working and web version shows 'request timed out' immediately. Really frustrating as it happens almost 50% of checking. Not sure if this is the solution once I looked for when I purchased them.

DBCoop82
Initiate
Initiate

I discovered this issue earlier today. Haven't changed out batteries yet, going to do that shortly. I am using a iPhone and a MacBook. iPhone takes forever to connect to the cameras, if it connects. The MacBook seems to work until I pause a camera, when I go back to that camera it says "Request Timed Out". Either that or the camera refuses to connect. It appears to have effected recordings as well. Police were out looking for some kids that were throwing bottle rockets heedlessly in all directions, when I went to look at the library it didn't have any footage of them.  I have had to fall back on a couple Wyze cams I kept floating around. I have 2 of those, never had an issue with them. 

The cameras have Firmware version 1.092.0.24_985 and are HW Version H15. The Base Station has Firmware version 1.15.0.1_3162_d878851 and is a HW Version VMB4000r3

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

DBCoop82,

We've been experiencing the very same thing for a good long while. We'd bet that if you look at the thumbnails for each camera, sooner or later you'll find a person, animal, or vehicle in the thumbnail yet there will be no recordings listed. This is the most maddening thing of all.

Sadly, there is a definitive timeline that begins early in 2019 when they changed an Android app that was working fairly well and turned into a problem, did a firmware update in May that degraded the video and motion capture from which we've never fully recovered, changed the PC web portal that loaded quickly and worked well and turned that into an abomination, and finally made a pass at restoring the video quality and then called it a day.

What troubles us the most is that this forum is set up in such a way that it is impossible to follow the threads coherently and determine who much response you are getting from other users.