Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jcepeda00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything was fine then this morning MY Arlo Pro won't stop giving alerts that audio is detected.

This happens even after I turn off the microphone. 

The only thing I can figure is that the most recent firmware update screwed something up. 

Thanks for any help with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A firmware update for Arlo Pro has been released resolving this issue. Please make sure your cameras are up to date with the latest firmware. See here for more information: Release Notes – Arlo Pro Camera 1.092.0.3.12290 – 9th May 2017

JamesC

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
Ryfedguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing here. It is quite annoying! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try power cycling the base and then check your modes and rules.
jcepeda00
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:
Try power cycling the base and then check your modes and rules.

I have power cycled the base. Same result. Rules and modes look fine. Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try toggling audio on and off or off and on, appropriate, saving in between toggles.
jcepeda00
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:
Try toggling audio on and off or off and on, appropriate, saving in between toggles.

No. It didn't work either.

It kind of felt like it would work. I turned the microphone on and had the Audio off in the mode and it didn't give me an Audio alert. The moment I turned it back on it was non-stop alerts.

It looks like it's picking up audio triggers constantly even though its set to 3. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No clue here. Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
ravenlp
Star
Star

There is definately a bug in the firmware here that they need to investigate. Please open a support ticket, the more people we get logging official complaints about this issue will hopefully drive them to find the cause and issue a fix quicker.

Buck_Naked
Star
Star

Having a similiar issue that I will have to investigate further.

Base station was offline all morning until I was able to go over and reset if... had an amber light on the internet connection even though internet was working. Once I powecycled the base it then prompted me to update the firmware for the base station, and after that it prompted me to update the firmware on the cameras.

After the update I have had 48 alerts on one camera in less than 5 hours, there hadn't been issues with false alerts on that camera prior to the update. Even noticed the motion detection was now set to 50%, rather than the 85% it was set at prior to the update.

I bought this unit Sunday and was already dealing with two of the cameras detecting motion at night after accessing live view, one worse than the other, to the point of having to deactivation night vision on it..... I am starting to lose confidence in this sytem...

Dtheis
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have cycled power to the base twice and unplugged all cameras and still having an issue too. It started random since this am.
ravenlp
Star
Star

The Arlo cameras are pretty great, don't get me wrong. The ease of installation is fantastic. This is only the second major-ish issue that has popped up in like 6 months of owning the system. The previous issue was a server problem that led to not getting push notifications for a few hours. Generally they are quick to resolve these issues.

The night vision detection issue should be resolved as of this morning's firmware update, which also unfortunately had this lovely audio detection side effect. Rest assured that once the audio detection issue is corrected, your system should work very well. 

Buck_Naked
Star
Star

Thanks for the reply and feedback!

I should point out that I have audio notification off, and all the alarms I am getting are showing up as motion detection, but no movement is visible in the recording.

No changes to the camera other than the firmware update.

Edited to clarify.

I also want to add I had originally purchased a 2 camera system and the camera's were version HW8, and didn't notice the revision on the base station.

I determined that I needed more cameras and returned the 2 camera system for a 4 camera system that was a rev HW7 on the cameras and a rev VMB4000r3 base station.

I was incredibly happy with the 2 camera system, but it seems as if there is a performance difference between the earlier and later revisions. Seems like with earlier revision system I am seeling slightly more lag, slightly lower picture quality along with the above issues that have me wondering...

bsmith922
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing here.  It seems that the firmware update has sscrewed something up.  I opened a ticket with support this morning, so we'll see how that goes.  Here's what I am experiencing...

A few nights ago (night of 3/30/2017), I had an issue where 1 of my 4 Arlo Pro Wireless cameras recorded what appeared to be just our empty, quiet family room, every minute throughout the night. I have this camera scheduled to only be on overnight, from 11:35 pm until 6 am. This is the only camera that I have set for both video and audio detection. After recharging the battery, I didnt run that camera at night for a few days. I put it back up last night (4/2/2017), and it did the exact same thing. I have 300+ recordings of an empty, quiet room.

I saw other community posts with other users having similar issues. In particular, I noticed that there was a firmware update on 3/30/2017 that was supposed to address this issue. The ironic thing is that I NEVER had this issue until my system received the updated firmware. MMy system has been online since the first week of January, and this problem only started on 3/30/2017.

I noticed that some in the forums are suggesting to remove the audio detection. I will edit my rule and try that tonight. However, I would prefer to be able to detect both video and audio at night on this camera, in this particular location. 

BASE STATION:
HW Version VMB4000r3
Serial Number 4R026B73A8CC4
Firmware 1.8.9.0_11528

CAMERA IN QUESTION:
HW Version H7
Serial Number 4VR16B73BDF07
Firmware 1.092.0.1_11504

I guess I'll see what support says when / if they get back to me.

hoomanh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I talked to support, they didn't understand what I'm talking about and they told me that
they will get back to me but still waiting for response from them.
It was good before last update.
hoomanh
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try removing the camera and resync it.
Buck_Naked
Star
Star

I posted above having the same issue and it appears that by removing the battery for 30 seconds and then putting it back in as well as resynching the camera seemed to have resolved the issue.

I was wanting to go a couple of days without issue to make sure everything was back to normal before posting this.

It also appears that the night vision issue was resolved with the update, as I was able to restore night vision to the problematic camera and no longer having any further issues with that as well.

Going to watch things for a couple of days, but as of right now everything appears to be working as expected.

Best of luck, I hope you get it sorted out, but the above info appears to have worked for me.

edited for clarity.

bsmith922
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion.  I gave it a try and it DID NOT help my issue go away.

I took the battery out for about 5 minutes.  Removed the camera from my system online.  Put the battery back in and the resynced it.  When I did the resync, it came up with the name that I had rpeviously given it.  Not sure if that means that it wasn;t completely removed or something.

In any case, I set it to detect video and audio overnight, and it triggered audio recordsa every minute or so, all night long again.

Guess I've have to see if support ever responds to my ticket.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You don't have to wait for them - use the link in your email to ping them.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic to engineering for further investigation. I will post back with an update when I have more information.

JamesC

bsmith922
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, JamesC.  I have a ticket with support:  28266818

They have asked me to try several things, which will take several nights of testing...

-----

In order for us to isolate your case, please perform these tests:

A. Please switch location with a working camera and observe if the camera will experience the same issue.

B. Disable the audio detection feature for this specific camera and test if the camera will behave the same way.

C. Enable the audio then disable the motion detection feature.

D. Observe if the camera will behave the same way during day time.

E. Take the battery out, plug in the camera to the power without the battery and please observe if camera continues to record without any motion or video during day and night.

bsmith922
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update from last night (4/4 into 4/5)...

Before moving cameras around, I tried option B, "B. Disable the audio detection feature for this specific camera and test if the camera will behave the same way."

I turned off audio detection, but left motion detection on.

I DID NOT have any issue with false detection last night! The camera did not have any audio or motion detections overnight, which is the expected behavior, as this camera is inside my Family Room and any detection would be an intruder.

Tonight, I will try option C, "C. Enable the audio then disable the motion detection feature. ".

lee76
Aspirant
Aspirant

I lowered my audio from 3 to 2 and it stopped. 

Pwsk
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem audio off and it still goes went 78 times the other day I've tried what people have said on here still not working
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support.  Also, try power cycling the base and maybe remove and resync the camera to see if that helps at all.