Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro won't stop detecting audio after new firmware update 1.092.0.1_11504

Discussion stats
jcepeda00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything was fine then this morning MY Arlo Pro won't stop giving alerts that audio is detected.

This happens even after I turn off the microphone. 

The only thing I can figure is that the most recent firmware update screwed something up. 

Thanks for any help with this.

61 REPLIES 61
Pwsk
Tutor
Tutor
Still waiting
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A firmware update for Arlo Pro has been released resolving this issue. Please make sure your cameras are up to date with the latest firmware. See here for more information: Release Notes – Arlo Pro Camera 1.092.0.3.12290 – 9th May 2017

JamesC

Varundev
Tutor
Tutor

There doesn't seem to be an option to update the firmware manually.  There may have been at one point, but I've looked all over and there is nothing there.

Additionally, is this just to stop the notifications?  Does this also stop the recordings triggered by audio?  I ask because there is a recording for each audio notification.

ravenlp
Star
Star
I can't comment about the manual update, but the firmware update itself addresses the root cause for the false audio triggers. With the updated firmware you should no longer get the false triggers which will mean no notifications or recordings unless there is a real audio trigger.
Pwsk
Tutor
Tutor
Mine updated gonna try audio today and see if it works
Tera-S
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updated the firmware.  Updated the new Smartthings app.  I still get false audio alerts because the Smartthings app reconfigures the audio sensitivity level from what I set it at (level 2) to the default (level 3) every time there is an Automation Routine change (Goodbye! to I'm Back).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tera-S,

The issue you are describing is related to Smartthings, which is a different issue than what has been resolved in this thread.

Take a look here for more information on this issue with Smartthings: Arlo Pro with Smartthings

JamesC

Varundev
Tutor
Tutor
Don't know if I get the same amount of audio notifications after the update, but I definitely get more motion updates now.
IntelBotFarmer
Aspirant
Aspirant
This still seems to be occurring on my Arlo
Pros.
Was a fix ever pushed out?
Was this ever root-caused?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@IntelBotFarmer

Are you up to date with the latest firmware on your base station & cameras?

IntelBotFarmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

According to the Arlo SW, the devices (Base station and all four cameras (2x Arlo Pro & 2x Arlo Pro2)) are up to date.

When checking, the sw retrurnsd ("Firmware is up to date" or the like)

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@IntelBotFarmer

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support