Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bought the Pro mainly to have the ability to speak through the camera when someone's at my front door the sound out of the Pro can barely be heard I would say you have to be two feet away to be able to hear. a
Anyone experience this?

159 REPLIES 159
mikeg279
Guide
Guide

I also have a weak volume trying to talk to someone.

I have contacted Support and done everthing they told me to do.

One of the resaons I upgraded from the Arlo to the Arlo pro was the 2 

way,  I will not buy another camera until this is fixes.

beth12
Tutor
Tutor

I just bought my Arlo Pro a few months ago, and the audio from the cameras is set to 100% and is barely audible to those standing 5 feet from the camera. Are they working on this issue? I bought the cameras for the two way audio - (as well as a few other features) and I am truly disappointed in this. I suppose I shall have to review the product now having used it for several months.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

beth12,

You could be experiencing an issue with your mobile devices output volume. Do you see the same behavior when using the web client on a PC?

JamesC

Chrissegura
Tutor
Tutor
JameC, We need answers. I have the same issues. I bought the cameras for two way audio and have been waiting for months for an update that corrects the low volume and haven't seen anything. . I'm getting ready to get rid of these and replace them for the Ring.
beth12
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. Same issue. PC or mobile. Doesnt matter.

This seems to be an issue with a lot of users. 

Athena555
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue. The cameras are almost in audible. You can't hear what someone saying even if you were just 1 foot in front of the camera. But the siren is deafening. Definitely returning my cameras if there's no fix,  because the two-way audio is an important capability for me.  Plus, we're paying extra for that! 

Genkisan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having same problem as everyone else and so no point in repeating. What worries me is only bought the system yesterday and from the looks of it the problem has been known about by Netgear for over a year. I’ve raised a call with support (not heard back yet). But it’s not looking good.

Genkisan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok.. some good news today.Man Happy

Netgear Support responded with a set of instructions not dissimilar to "have you turned it off and on again"... but it worked. all 3 of my cameras now have reasonable volume... I mean its not going to blow the wig off a bald man, but 300% louder than before. I have pasted in the instruction I received and followed below;

____

Genkisan wrote:

Having same problem as everyone else and so no point in repeating. What worries me is only bought the system yesterday and from the looks of it the problem has been known about by Netgear for over a year. I’ve raised a call with support (not heard back yet). But it’s not looking good.

To further isolate the issue, I suggest you try the steps below and provide us feedback with its results: 

1. To remove the camera from the account: 
a.) Log in to the Arlo account 
b.) Go to Settings 
c.) Click My Devices 
e.) Scroll down and click remove device 

2. Power cycle the base station by turning it off and turn on after a minute. 

3. When base station is online, sync the camera one at a time and place the camera 3-ft away from the base station, 
a.) Press and release the sync button of the Base Station (make sure that the third light is blinking) 
b.) Press and release the sync button of the camera. 

4. When camera is already online, place 1 camera 3-5 feet away from the base station then test the camera's speaker. Make sure that camera's volume is set to maximum. 

5. If there is still no improvement on its audio, try to test and use between data and wifi. As you switch signals, please log-out then log back in. 

beth12
Tutor
Tutor

I agreed, I was able to do this with the camera I was having issues with, and the volume is louder than it was. While it is still not "LOUD" by any means, it is better than it was.
The delay is probably the most irritating. It's hard to have a conversation with someone when your delay is 10 seconds. 

Genkisan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Lol... yes, I found this too. It’s like speaking to someone on the opposite side of the globe..... but at least I can speak to them now.