Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bought the Pro mainly to have the ability to speak through the camera when someone's at my front door the sound out of the Pro can barely be heard I would say you have to be two feet away to be able to hear. a
Anyone experience this?

159 REPLIES 159
Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler

You need to call support to help you .mind appears to be OK 

Cajun1985
Tutor
Tutor
Support does not have a fix to issue yet. They stated that it's an issue with app on post today 11-30-16. They told me mine was defective and on my second arlo pro and still have same issue. Support has no clue how to fix issue yet. What phone or device are you using Norm547?
Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using iPhone 5 with ios10 an iPad 3

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using iphone5 with ios10 and iPad 3

Psaras
Apprentice
Apprentice

jguerdat wrote:

I suspect a long-term fix will be in place but we have to wait for the app to be updated to support that.  Since the computer works fine, it's an app problem.

One thing you can do is to make sure you speak loudly and directly (~2 inches away) into the actual mic opening.  It can be cumbersome and isn't the way it should be but until a fix is applied, it's the best you can do.

Yes It does seem to be an app issue as it works fin from my laptop. I have all the latest firmware, apps etc and it is still not usable audio level

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
My new RMA cameras still have low audio on the Android app.
Cajun1985
Tutor
Tutor
Norm547 I have a iPhone 6 with iOS 10.1 update and still same issue low speaker volume out of camera
Cajun1985
Tutor
Tutor
Support is no help until all apps are updated.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Question - is the mic volume able to be boosted on iOS?  It isn't in Android but would likely solve the issue.

Cajun1985
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, mic volume is all the way up and still low on speaker on camera.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't mean in the Arlo settings but in the phone settings.

Cajun1985
Tutor
Tutor
Yes. iOS is up to date and mic is all the way up. Sound comes in clear on phone but not on camera speaker. Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Right now, your only option is to use a computer. Hopefully an app will be able to fix the mobile issue.
Jcclark78
Guide
Guide
Any update as to when iOS app volume may be fixed?
WWLightning
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received an email from an open case that I have for a mic issue not being available (push to talk) for my Android.  They updated the app.  Not sure if it fixed the volume issue.  Haven't had a chance to really try it.   They suggest removing the app and then downloading the new version.  Give it a shot and tell us what you think.

Cajun1985
Tutor
Tutor
If anyone is seeing multiple images of their camera. You need to uninstall app and reinstall it. Just called customer service and they said they had a bug. Hope this helps. I tried everything and still having low volume out of speaker on camera for iPhone.
DanGS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed the arlo pro system. firmware updated to 1.090.0.0_9945.

Audio is so low it can't be heard coming out of the camera speaker. Return response from the camera is faintly heard on iphone. Audio is set at 100%. It looks like a common problem that has not been fixed. Any ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does it work ok with a computer?  If so, open a case with support so that your voice is added to all the others who experience this issue when using a mobile device.

WWLightning
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, make sure you put in a support ticket.  It's a longgggg process.  They are well aware of issues with this.  Make yourself heard by contacting support.

Suzanah1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have no audio on my arlo pro. Went to settings> devices
And there is 'video & Audio' heading. Under that is 'video settings' and ' Position Mode' . No audio settings anywhere!
I bought it for the two way speaker! Ugh!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You have to select a Pro camera since it's a setting for the camera. Don't stop at Settings, My Devices.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Suzanah1,

Under settings for Arlo Pro there are two separate clickable options for Video and Audio settings. What is the model number of the system you have? It sounds like you may have the original Arlo system (no audio), not Arlo Pro. 

JamesC

Suzanah1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes original so disappointed hope Costco takes return I need audio
Suzanah1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you so muc for your help
JeanS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there firmware to fix the low audio on arlo pro? Cameras work great bit disappointed in the audio outside and inside.