Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro setting up mode problem

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DeviantCelt
Star
Star

Ok so I'm trying to work with this thing. I'm having a problem setting up a specific mode. I want to use the regular Armed mode when I'm not home. When I am home I want:

Front Door: On/Motion Detecting

Back Door: On/Motion Detecting

Living Room: Off

Seems simple. And it probably is but here's the problem I'm running into. 

I add a mode called Outdoor Armed. I select Front Door and set it up so that it will be armed. Easy. However, I can't add any more IF statements, only THEN statements. And I can only add extra devices for the THEN statement. For example, IF the Front Door motion detector is activated THEN record Front Door. I can add record Back Door as well... but only IF the Front Door detects motion and not the Back Door.

Basically, I can only have one device trigger an event at one time. I can't have both my Front Door and Back Door motion detect and record and especially not even turn off the Living Room camera. I want all of those to happen at the same time. 

Front Door: On/Motion Detecting

Back Door: On/Motion Detecting

Living Room: Off

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
DeviantCelt
Star
Star

Wait, I may have figured it out. Under modes you can add seperate rules. Wasn't quite intuitive to figure out since I had to go back through my mode searching for how to edit things but whatever. I'll see if this works. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Once you add and save the first camera...you can always go back and edit to the additional

Remember, any camera NOT in the active mode is OFF

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------