Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not syncing after being unplugged from the charger

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
acombs523
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Arlo Community!

My parents got me the Arlo pro and base kit. I have 4 cameras. When I charge them they do not turn on/sync after being unplugged. Help. 

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@acombs523 wrote:

I have 4 cameras. When I charge them they do not turn on/sync after being unplugged. Help. 

Were you ever able to onboard them?

Do they run correctly when connected to a charger?

Here is something you might try:

acombs523
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_4026.jpeg

They work regular when plugged in. They show the lightening bolt when plugged in. As soon as I pull the usb from the cable they won't turn on. Won't even flicker a blue led.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is the battery level shown in the app? Have you tried the link above on the chance that the batteries are fully depleted?

acombs523
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not showing me the battery life or percentage. 

I tried that but nothing happens. Do I need to buy new batters for my arlos?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can see the percentage in the camera settings. Use of a computer browser pointed to my.arlo.com allows you to hover over the battery icon to see the percentage, too. Is that what you've tried?

acombs523
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_4027.png

I haven't tried on computer, but on app it does not. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The batteries could have been completely discharged - in which case the cameras sometimes won't charge them.

Which is why I suggested this:

Also, are you using the Arlo charger?  Or something else?  If you are using something else, then it only charges the battery if it supports quick charge.

acombs523
Aspirant
Aspirant

the charge article you sent didn't change anything or make them work. 

I am sure this is the charger that goes with it. It is a usb. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@acombs523 wrote:

the charge article you sent didn't change anything or make them work. 

I am sure this is the charger that goes with it. It is a usb. 

Next step is to see the battery charge level. Try hovering over the battery icon from a PC (my.arlo.com).

You should be seeing it in the app - normally there is a battery line in the settings (between the "device on" and the "connected to" lines in your screenshot).  No idea why it's missing in your app.  You could try removing the app and reinstalling it.  Or clearing the cache if you use Android.

Do you have the trial subscription?  You should if the cameras are new (but wouldn't if they are used).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

Do you have the trial subscription?  You should if the cameras are new (but wouldn't if they are used).

It's apparently a Pro camera so no subscription needed.

OP, in your image the battery is filled with green which would indicate that the battery is at 100%. However, since the camera won't work on battery alone, the battery may still have plastic over the connections (either on the battery or somehow in the camera), the battery is fully discharged and needs to be charged, the battery is faulty or the camera is faulty.

In addition, make sure the charger you're using is an Arlo one that came with the cameras and that the label shows it has 2 voltage outputs, 5 volts as well as 9 volts. The battery can only be charged with the 9V part but the camera can be run on just 5V.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

It's apparently a Pro camera so no subscription needed.

With a subscription he could use phone support.