Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro (VMC-4030) - no longer receiving verification code to my email address on record

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
djurn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been a user for several years receiving the verification code perfectly when logging on to my online account to view the video recordings. Just two days ago the verification code is no longer being received at my specified email address on record so I cannot logon to the account. I have verified the email address in my ARLO account and that the code is not in my spam folder nor is it being blocked blocked in my email account. My wife has access to view the cameras and can log onto her account to view the recordings without any issue. I have also attempted to log onto my account via my phone app without success (unfortunately my phone is not listed in the account for receiving the verification code). I have read similar postings here and have verified my email settings. Not sure if I can get support directly from ARLO, but if I must initiate a paid service to get actual support then I guess that is what it may have to be......

Any assistance is appreciated (preferably someone from ARLO who can check into my online account to verify the outgoing verification code being sent).

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks

djurn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for asking. Yes I am still experiencing this issue. This morning I somehow managed to get a case number on this issue. Looking forward to see what success or failure this case brings..... 🙂

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the reply, let me know how it goes.

djurn
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is an update, the ARLO tech staff is still working on my issue (no success as of today), they keep asking questions, a couple times they were repeat questions. On Christmas eve morning during a logon attempt I was fortunate to receive a verification code to my email address on record, I immediately added additional verification contacts to include my mobile phone and another email address. All subsequent logon attempts using my original email on record have resulted in no receipt of the verification code. I have since set one of the other contacts as the primary email for  receiving logon verification codes (with repeated success). In the meantime the ARLO support personnel are still dealing with why the original email address on record (the account logon ID) does not receive verification code emails.

ScottCrooker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,   was this issue EVER resolved? 

djurn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for inquiring.

Not completely. I did communicate with Arlo Tech Staff several times. The last time was an online meeting...  It appears that Arlo is sending the code, the problem apparently lies with my email service on record, Yahoo.  By chance during one of my attempted login's resulted in receipt of a code to my Yahoo email address (the code was received ONLY ONCE). I immediately added alternate email addresses and mobile number.  Now I can get the codes to my alternate contact methods. I have never received a code to my Yahoo email address since that one chance receipt. The Alro tech indicated that Yahoo must be blocking the Arlo code, although I did and do continue to receive notification emails (to my Yahoo email account) such as the end of service email from Arlo as well as low battery alerts.  Since Yahoo requires a subscription to resolve email issues I will probably not pursue this issue any further since I have multiple paths to receive the codes.

Darol